Affiliation: Harvard University
- Measuring disparities across the distribution of mental health care expendituresBenjamin Lê Cook
Center for Multicultural Mental Health Research, Somerville, MA 02143, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 16:3-12. 2013..Previous mental health care disparities studies predominantly compare mean mental health care use across racial/ethnic groups, leaving policymakers with little information on disparities among those with a higher level of expenditures...
- Revisiting the evidence on health and health care disparities among the Roma: a systematic review 2003-2012Benjamin Cook
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Public Health 58:885-911. 2013..To conduct a systematic review of the epidemiological and health service utilization literature related to the Roma population between 2003 and 2012...
- The impact of insurance coverage in diminishing racial and ethnic disparities in behavioral health servicesMargarita Alegria
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and Cambridge Health Alliance, 120 Beacon St, 4th Floor, Somerville, MA 02143, USA
Health Serv Res 47:1322-44. 2012..To estimate whether racial/ethnic behavioral health service disparities are likely to be reduced through insurance expansion coverage expected through the Affordable Health Care Act...
- Whether medically unexplained or not, three or more concurrent somatic symptoms predict psychopathology and service use in community populationsJavier I Escobar
Department of Psychiatry, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
J Psychosom Res 69:1-8. 2010..To examine the frequency of somatic symptoms in a community population of various ethnic backgrounds and to identify correlates of these symptoms such as psychopathology, use of services, and personal distress...
- Characteristics, access, utilization, satisfaction, and outcomes of healthy start participants in eight sitesMARGO ROSENBACH
Mathematica Policy Research, Inc, Cambridge, MA, 02139, USA
Matern Child Health J 14:666-79. 2010..The life course theory suggests that improved outcomes may require longer-term investments. Healthy Start's emerging focus on interconception care has the potential to address longer-term needs of participants...
- Pathways and correlates connecting Latinos' mental health with exposure to the United StatesBenjamin Cook
Cambridge Health Alliance, Center for Multicultural Mental Health Research, Harvard Medical School, 120 Beacon St, 4th Floor, Somerville, MA 02143, USA
Am J Public Health 99:2247-54. 2009..We examined potential pathways by which time in the United States may relate to differences in the predicted probability of past-year psychiatric disorder among Latino immigrants as compared with US-born Latinos...