Y Avery Ching
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Pediatric intestinal failure: nutrition, pharmacologic, and surgical approachesY Avery Ching
Children s Hospital of Boston, Department of Surgery, Fegan 3, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 22:653-63. 2007..IF is a difficult disease process with a complex patient population and is best guided through this 3-pronged approach by a multidisciplinary team featuring surgeons, gastroenterologists, dietitians, pharmacists, and nurses...
- High diagnostic yield of gastrointestinal endoscopy in children with intestinal failureY Avery Ching
Center for Advanced Intestinal Rehabilitation, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:906-10. 2008..The use of endoscopic assessment of these symptoms has not been previously reported. This report evaluates the diagnostic yield of GI endoscopy in the setting of IF...
- Long-term nutritional and clinical outcomes after serial transverse enteroplasty at a single institutionY Avery Ching
Center for Advanced Intestinal Rehabilitation, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Surg 44:939-43. 2009..Our aim was to assess clinical and nutritional outcomes after the STEP procedure...
- Relationship between serum citrulline levels and progression to parenteral nutrition independence in children with short bowel syndromeShimae Fitzgibbons
Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Surg 44:928-32. 2009..Plasma citrulline (CIT) levels have been proposed as surrogate markers for bowel length and function. We sought to evaluate the relationship between CIT and parenteral nutrition (PN) independence in children with SBS...
- Improved survival in a multidisciplinary short bowel syndrome programBiren P Modi
Center for Advanced Intestinal Rehabilitation CAIR, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:20-4. 2008..In 1999, we initiated a multidisciplinary pediatric intestinal rehabilitation program. The purpose of this study was to determine if the multidisciplinary approach was associated with improved survival in this patient population...
- Preservation of intestinal motility after the serial transverse enteroplasty procedure in a large animal model of short bowel syndromeBiren P Modi
Center for Advanced Intestinal Rehabilitation, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Surg 44:229-35; discussion 235. 2009..The effect of the STEP procedure on intestinal motility is not known, but some have hypothesized that it could disrupt bowel innervation and thus impair intestinal motility...
- The impact of body mass index on perioperative outcomes of open and endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair from the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program, 2005-2007Kristina A Giles
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 110 Francis St, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Vasc Surg 52:1471-7. 2010..Little is known about the relative impact of body mass index (BMI) on these outcomes after open (OAR) and endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR)...