Alyna T Chien
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Two-year impact of the alternative quality contract on pediatric health care quality and spendingAlyna T Chien
Division of General Pediatrics, Boston Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115 5737
Pediatrics 133:96-104. 2014..To examine the 2-year effect of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts' global budget arrangement, the Alternative Quality Contract (AQC), on pediatric quality and spending for children with special health care needs (CSHCN) and non-CSHCN...
- Impact of a pay for performance program to improve diabetes care in the safety netAlyna T Chien
Division of General Pediatrics, Boston Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 21 Autumn Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Prev Med 55:S80-5. 2012..To evaluate the impact of a "piece-rate" pay for performance (P4P) program aimed at improving diabetes care processes, outcomes and related healthcare utilization for patients enrolled in a not-for-profit Medicaid-focused managed care plan...
- Do physician organizations located in lower socioeconomic status areas score lower on pay-for-performance measures?Alyna T Chien
Division of General Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Boston, and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, 21 Autumn Street Room 223, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:548-54. 2012..Physician organizations (POs)--independent practice associations and medical groups--located in lower socioeconomic status (SES) areas may score poorly in pay-for-performance (P4P) programs...
- Qualitative insights into how pediatric pay-for-performance programs are being designedAlyna T Chien
Division of General Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Acad Pediatr 9:185-91. 2009..The goal of this study is to better understand how these programs began, and how they are designed and implemented from the perspectives of those with experience running pediatric P4P programs...
- Improving timely childhood immunizations through pay for performance in Medicaid-managed careAlyna T Chien
Division of General Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Boston, 21 Autumn Street Room 223, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Health Serv Res 45:1934-47. 2010..To evaluate the impact of a "piece-rate" pay-for-performance (P4P) program aimed at rewarding up-to-date immunization delivery to 2-year-olds according to the recommended series...
- Positive and negative spillovers of the Health Disparities Collaboratives in federally qualified health centers: staff perceptionsAlyna T Chien
Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Med Care 48:1050-6. 2010..Quality improvement (QI) interventions are usually evaluated for their intended effect; little is known about whether they generate significant positive or negative spillovers...
- A pediatric-focused review of the performance incentive literatureAlyna T Chien
Section of Advanced Pediatric Health Services, Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 19:719-25. 2007....
- Disparities in unmet need for care coordination: the national survey of children's healthSara L Toomey
MPhil, MSc, Division of General Pediatrics, Boston Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 131:217-24. 2013....
- The impact of statistical choices on neonatal intensive care unit quality ratings based on nosocomial infection ratesHenry C Lee
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, University of California at San Francisco, 533 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:429-34. 2011....
- Pay-for-performance in pediatrics: proceed with cautionAlyna T Chien
Section of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pediatrics 120:186-8. 2007
- Breastfeeding rates differ significantly by method used: a cause for concern for public health measurementValerie J Flaherman
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0503, USA
Breastfeed Med 6:31-5. 2011..Accurate measurements of prevalence of "any" breastfeeding and "exclusive" breastfeeding help assess progress toward public health goals. We compared two commonly used data sources for measuring breastfeeding rates to assess agreement...