Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- ASPP2 inhibits APP-BP1-mediated NEDD8 conjugation to cullin-1 and decreases APP-BP1-induced cell proliferation and neuronal apoptosisYuzhi Chen
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts, USA
J Neurochem 85:801-9. 2003....
- APP-BP1 mediates APP-induced apoptosis and DNA synthesis and is increased in Alzheimer's disease brainYuzhi Chen
MRC 223, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
J Cell Biol 163:27-33. 2003..This translocation of APP-BP1 to lipid rafts is accompanied by a change in the subcellular localization of the ubiquitin-like protein NEDD8, which is activated by APP-BP1...
- DNA synthesis and neuronal apoptosis caused by familial Alzheimer disease mutants of the amyloid precursor protein are mediated by the p21 activated kinase PAK3Donna L McPhie
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
J Neurosci 23:6914-27. 2003..These data suggest that a normal signaling pathway mediated by the interaction of APP, PAK3, and Go is constitutively activated in neurons by FAD mutations in APP and that this activation causes cell cycle entry and consequent apoptosis...
- Rab5 mediates an amyloid precursor protein signaling pathway that leads to apoptosisDaphna Laifenfeld
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
J Neurosci 27:7141-53. 2007....
- An intact NEDD8 pathway is required for Cullin-dependent ubiquitylation in mammalian cellsMichael Ohh
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
EMBO Rep 3:177-82. 2002..Thus, neddylation regulates the activity of two specific subclasses of mammalian ubiquitin ligases...
- A coarse-to-fine disparity energy model with both phase-shift and position-shift receptive field mechanismsYuzhi Chen
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior and Department of Physiology and Cellular Biophysics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, U S A
Neural Comput 16:1545-77. 2004..We have tested the algorithm on both synthetic and natural stereo images and found that it often performs better than a simple scale-averaging procedure...
- Optimal decoding of correlated neural population responses in the primate visual cortexYuzhi Chen
Department of Psychology and Center for Perceptual Systems, 1 University Station, A8000, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Nat Neurosci 9:1412-20. 2006..Overall, our results suggest an unexpected role for inhibitory mechanisms in efficient decoding of neural population responses...
- Amyloid precursor protein modulates beta-catenin degradationYuzhi Chen
Department of Geriatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
J Neuroinflammation 4:29. 2007..Elucidating the function of APP should help understand AD pathogenesis and provide insights into therapeutic designs against this devastating neurodegenerative disease...