Genomes and Genes
Wai Man Chan
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Three novel mutations in KIF21A highlight the importance of the third coiled-coil stalk domain in the etiology of CFEOM1Wai Man Chan
Program in Genomics, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Genet 8:26. 2007..To further define the spectrum of KIF21A mutations in CFEOM we have now identified all CFEOM probands newly enrolled in our study and determined if they harbor mutations in KIF21A...
- Heterozygous mutations of the kinesin KIF21A in congenital fibrosis of the extraocular muscles type 1 (CFEOM1)Koki Yamada
Department of Medicine Genetics, Enders 5, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 35:318-21. 2003..We identified six different mutations in 44 of 45 probands. The primary mutational hotspots are in the stalk domain, highlighting an important new role for KIF21A and its stalk in the formation of the oculomotor axis...
- Expansion of the CHN1 strabismus phenotypeNoriko Miyake
Departments of Neurology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:6321-8. 2011..This was a study of five family members with distinctive ocular dysmotility patterns that co-segregated with a novel hyperactivating CHN1 mutation...
- Identification of KIF21A mutations as a rare cause of congenital fibrosis of the extraocular muscles type 3 (CFEOM3)Koki Yamada
Department of Genetics, Children s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:2218-23. 2004..This study was conducted to determine the incidence of KIF21A and PHOX2A mutations among individuals with the third CFEOM phenotype, CFEOM3...
- Two novel CHN1 mutations in 2 families with Duane retraction syndromeWai Man Chan
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 129:649-52. 2011..To determine the genetic cause of Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) in 2 families segregating DRS as a dominant trait...
- HOXA1 mutations are not a common cause of Möbius syndromeJessica K Rankin
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J AAPOS 14:78-80. 2010..Our results suggest that HOXA1 mutations are not a common cause of sporadic Möbius syndrome in the general population...
- Duane radial ray syndrome (Okihiro syndrome) maps to 20q13 and results from mutations in SALL4, a new member of the SAL familyRaidah Al-Baradie
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 71:1195-9. 2002..SALL4 represents the first identified Duane syndrome gene and the second malformation syndrome resulting from mutations in SAL genes and likely plays a critical role in abducens motoneuron development...
- Human TUBB3 mutations perturb microtubule dynamics, kinesin interactions, and axon guidanceMax A Tischfield
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 140:74-87. 2010..These findings demonstrate that normal TUBB3 is required for axon guidance and maintenance in mammals...
- Homozygous HOXA1 mutations disrupt human brainstem, inner ear, cardiovascular and cognitive developmentMax A Tischfield
Department of Medicine, Program in Genomics, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 37:1035-7. 2005..This is the first report to our knowledge of viable homozygous truncating mutations in any human HOX gene and of a mendelian disorder resulting from mutations in a human HOX gene critical for development of the central nervous system...
- Human CHN1 mutations hyperactivate alpha2-chimaerin and cause Duane's retraction syndromeNoriko Miyake
Department of Medicine Genetics, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 321:839-43. 2008..We conclude that alpha2-chimaerin has a critical developmental function in ocular motor axon pathfinding...
- Genotype phenotype analysis of Bietti's crystalline dystrophy in patients with CYP4V2 mutationsTimothy Y Y Lai
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:5212-20. 2007..To evaluate the genotypic and phenotypic correlations of Bietti's crystalline dystrophy (BCD) in patients with the CYP4V2 gene by mutation screening and clinical and electrophysiological assessment...
- [Digenic association of RHO and RP1 genes with retinitis pigmentosa among Chinese population in Hong Kong]Dan Yi Wang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 85:1613-7. 2005..To identify the mutation patterns of RHO and RP1 genes in the Chinese patients with retinitis pigmentosa (RP) and to explore their potential interactions in the pathogenesis of RP...
- Persistent diplopia after retrobulbar anesthesiaDavid T L Liu
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:864; author reply 864-5. 2005
- Mutations in a human ROBO gene disrupt hindbrain axon pathway crossing and morphogenesisJoanna C Jen
Department of Neurology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Science 304:1509-13. 2004..Like its murine homolog Rig1/Robo3, but unlike other Robo proteins, ROBO3 is required for hindbrain axon midline crossing...
- Congenital fibrosis of the vertically acting extraocular muscles maps to the FEOM3 locusDavid A Mackey
Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Hum Genet 110:510-2. 2002..0...