J M Chan
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Plasma insulin-like growth factor-I and prostate cancer risk: a prospective studyJ M Chan
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 279:563-6. 1998..This association was independent of baseline prostate-specific antigen levels. Identification of plasma IGF-I as a predictor of prostate cancer risk may have implications for risk reduction and treatment...
- Diet and prostate cancer risk in a cohort of smokers, with a specific focus on calcium and phosphorus (Finland)J M Chan
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Causes Control 11:859-67. 2000..We examined these nutrients and overall diet and prostate cancer risk in the Alpha-Tocopherol Beta-Carotene Cancer Prevention Study (ATBC Study)...
- Prospective study of colorectal cancer risk in men and plasma levels of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and IGF-binding protein-3J Ma
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 91:620-5. 1999..We therefore examined associations of plasma levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 with the risk of colorectal cancer in a prospective case-control study nested in the Physicians' Health Study...
- Milk intake, circulating levels of insulin-like growth factor-I, and risk of colorectal cancer in menJ Ma
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1330-6. 2001..A high ratio of IGF-I to IGF-binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) has been linked to an increased risk of colorectal cancer...
- Dairy products, calcium, and prostate cancer risk in the Physicians' Health StudyJ M Chan
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 74:549-54. 2001..The results of epidemiologic studies of this hypothesis are inconclusive...
- Immediate versus deferred initiation of androgen deprivation therapy in prostate cancer patients with PSA-only relapse. An observational follow-up studyX Garcia-Albeniz
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health, Boston, MA, United States Electronic address
Eur J Cancer 51:817-24. 2015..The optimal timing to start androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) in prostate cancer patients with rising prostate-specific antigen (PSA) as the only sign of relapse is unknown...
- PSA screening: determinants of primary-care physician practice patternsG E Tasian
Division of Urology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia work conducted while at the University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 15:189-94. 2012..The effect of practice guidelines and the European Randomised Screening for Prostate Cancer (ERSPC) and Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) trials on PSA screening practices of primary-care physicians (PCPs) is unknown...