Affiliation: Harvard University
- MRI-assisted PET motion correction for neurologic studies in an integrated MR-PET scannerCiprian Catana
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Nucl Med 52:154-61. 2011..In this work, a novel algorithm for data processing and rigid-body motion correction (MC) for the MRI-compatible BrainPET prototype scanner is described, and proof-of-principle phantom and human studies are presented...
- PET/MRI for neurologic applicationsCiprian Catana
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Nucl Med 53:1916-25. 2012..On the MRI side, we present how improved PET quantification can be used to validate several MRI techniques. Finally, we describe promising research, translational, and clinical applications that can benefit from these advanced tools...
- Toward implementing an MRI-based PET attenuation-correction method for neurologic studies on the MR-PET brain prototypeCiprian Catana
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Nucl Med 51:1431-8. 2010....
- Simultaneous in vivo positron emission tomography and magnetic resonance imagingCiprian Catana
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Genome and Biomedical Sciences Facility, 451 East Health Sciences Drive, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3705-10. 2008..In vivo simultaneous PET and MRI studies were performed in mice. Proof-of-principle in vivo MR spectroscopy and functional MRI experiments were also demonstrated with the combined scanner...
- Simultaneous acquisition of multislice PET and MR images: initial results with a MR-compatible PET scannerCiprian Catana
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Nucl Med 47:1968-76. 2006..We have designed and built a MR-compatible PET scanner based on avalanche photodiode technology that allows simultaneous acquisition of PET and MR images in small animals...
- Serial magnetic resonance spectroscopy reveals a direct metabolic effect of cediranib in glioblastomaHeisoog Kim
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering Health Science and Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 71:3745-52. 2011..Further study is needed to confirm these findings...
- Performance test of an LSO-APD detector in a 7-T MRI scanner for simultaneous PET/MRIBernd J Pichler
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Davis, USA
J Nucl Med 47:639-47. 2006..Unlike CT, MRI provides good soft-tissue contrast even without application of contrast agents and, furthermore, does not require ionizing radiation...
- Sensitivity of MRI tumor biomarkers to VEGFR inhibitor therapy in an orthotopic mouse glioma modelChristian T Farrar
Department of Radiology, Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17228. 2011....
- Neural correlates of pair-bonding in a monogamous primateKaren L Bales
Department of Psychology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Brain Res 1184:245-53. 2007....
- Bimodal thrombus imaging: simultaneous PET/MR imaging with a fibrin-targeted dual PET/MR probe--feasibility study in rat modelRitika Uppal
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 149 Thirteenth Street, Suite 2301, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Radiology 258:812-20. 2011..To image thrombus by using magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and positron emission tomography (PET) simultaneously in a rat arterial thrombus model with a dual PET/MR probe...
- MRI-based nonrigid motion correction in simultaneous PET/MRISe Young Chun
Center for Advanced Radiological Sciences, Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, Radiology Department, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Nucl Med 53:1284-91. 2012..This paper presents an approach to respiratory motion correction using simultaneous PET/MRI to demonstrate initial results in phantoms, rabbits, and nonhuman primates and discusses the prospects for clinical application...
- Simultaneous PET-MRI: a new approach for functional and morphological imagingMartin S Judenhofer
Laboratory for Preclinical Imaging and Imaging Technology of the Werner Siemens Foundation, Department of Radiology, Eberhard Karls University of Tubingen, Röntgenweg 13, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Nat Med 14:459-65. 2008..Combining fMRI and spectroscopy with PET paves the way for a new perspective in molecular imaging...
- PET/MR images acquired with a compact MR-compatible PET detector in a 7-T magnetMartin S Judenhofer
Laboratory for Preclinical Imaging and Imaging Technology, Clinic of Radiology, University of Tubingen, Röntgenweg 13, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Radiology 244:807-14. 2007..To prospectively use compact avalanche photodiodes instead of photomultiplier tubes to integrate a positron emission tomographic (PET) detector and a 7-T magnetic resonance (MR) imager...