Anne M Cataldo
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Endocytic disturbances distinguish among subtypes of Alzheimer's disease and related disordersA Cataldo
Laboratory for Molecular Neuropathology, Mailman Research Center, McLean Hospital Harvard Medical School, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Ann Neurol 50:661-5. 2001....
- Down syndrome fibroblast model of Alzheimer-related endosome pathology: accelerated endocytosis promotes late endocytic defectsAnne M Cataldo
Laboratory for Molecular Neuropathology, Mailman Research Center, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Am J Pathol 173:370-84. 2008....
- App gene dosage modulates endosomal abnormalities of Alzheimer's disease in a segmental trisomy 16 mouse model of down syndromeAnne M Cataldo
Mailman Research Center, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
J Neurosci 23:6788-92. 2003..These results identify an essential role for App gene triplication in causing AD-related endosomal abnormalities and further establish the pathogenic significance of endosomal dysfunction in AD...
- Abeta localization in abnormal endosomes: association with earliest Abeta elevations in AD and Down syndromeAnne M Cataldo
Mailman Research Center, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Neurobiol Aging 25:1263-72. 2004....
- Presenilin mutations in familial Alzheimer disease and transgenic mouse models accelerate neuronal lysosomal pathologyAnne M Cataldo
Laboratory for Molecular Neuropathology, Mailman Research Center, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 63:821-30. 2004..Our findings suggest that presenilin mutations have amyloid-independent effects on the lysosomal system, which are synergistic with the lysosomal system pathology that is associated with beta-amyloid...
- Rab5 mediates an amyloid precursor protein signaling pathway that leads to apoptosisDaphna Laifenfeld
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
J Neurosci 27:7141-53. 2007....
- sAPPalpha enhances the transdifferentiation of adult bone marrow progenitor cells to neuronal phenotypesChun Wei David Chen
Molecular Neuropathology Laboratory, Mailman Research Center, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 3:63-70. 2006....
- Alzheimer's disease-related overexpression of the cation-dependent mannose 6-phosphate receptor increases Abeta secretion: role for altered lysosomal hydrolase distribution in beta-amyloidogenesisPaul M Mathews
Nathan Kline Institute and New York University School of Medicine, Orangeburg, New York 10962, USA
J Biol Chem 277:5299-307. 2002....
- Lysosomal system pathways: genes to neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's diseaseRalph A Nixon
Center for Dementia Research, Nathan S Kline Institute, 140 Old Orangeburg Road, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 9:277-89. 2006....
- Macroautophagy--a novel Beta-amyloid peptide-generating pathway activated in Alzheimer's diseaseW Haung Yu
Center for Dementia Research, Nathan Kline Institute, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
J Cell Biol 171:87-98. 2005..Our results, therefore, link beta-amyloidogenic and cell survival pathways through macroautophagy, which is activated and is abnormal in AD...
- Rab5-stimulated up-regulation of the endocytic pathway increases intracellular beta-cleaved amyloid precursor protein carboxyl-terminal fragment levels and Abeta productionOlivera M Grbovic
Center for Dementia Research, Nathan Kline Institute, Orangeburg, New York 10962, USA
J Biol Chem 278:31261-8. 2003..Our findings in this model system suggest that the endosomal pathology seen at the earliest stage of sporadic AD may contribute to APP proteolysis along a beta-amyloidogenic pathway...
- Neuronal apoptosis and autophagy cross talk in aging PS/APP mice, a model of Alzheimer's diseaseDun Sheng Yang
Center for Dementia Research, Nathan Kline Institute, New York University School of Medicine, 140 Old Orangeburg Rd, Bldg 39, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Am J Pathol 173:665-81. 2008..Our findings establish apoptosis as a mode of neuronal cell death in aging PS/APP mice and identify the cross talk between autophagy and apoptosis, which influences neuronal survival in AD-related neurodegeneration...