Carrie M Carpenter
Affiliation: Harvard University
- The strategic targeting of females by transnational tobacco companies in South Korea following trade liberalisationKelley Lee
Centre on Global Change and Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London, UK
Global Health 5:2. 2009..Part of South Korea's accession to the FCTC should include emphasis on measures to address the strategic targeting of Korean females by TTCs...
- Designing cigarettes for women: new findings from the tobacco industry documentsCarrie Murray Carpenter
Harvard School of Public Health, Division of Public Practice, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Addiction 100:837-51. 2005..To examine internal tobacco industry research on female smoking patterns and product preferences, and how this research has informed the design of female-targeted cigarettes and impacted smoking behavior among this target population...
- New cigarette brands with flavors that appeal to youth: tobacco marketing strategiesCarrie M Carpenter
Division of Public Health Practice, Harvard School of Public Health, in Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 24:1601-10. 2005..These findings raise concerns as to the potential added health risks associated with using new flavored tobacco products, and they underscore the need for effective assessment and monitoring of tobacco products...
- The role of sensory perception in the development and targeting of tobacco productsCarrie M Carpenter
Division of Public Health Practice, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Addiction 102:136-47. 2007....
- Developing smokeless tobacco products for smokers: an examination of tobacco industry documentsC M Carpenter
Harvard School of Public Health, Division of Public Health Practice, 401 Park Drive, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Tob Control 18:54-9. 2009..To investigate whether development of smokeless tobacco products (SLT) is intended to target current smokers...
- How smoke-free laws improve air quality: a global study of Irish pubsGregory N Connolly
Division of Public Health Practice, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Ave, Landmark Center, 3rd Floor East, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 11:600-5. 2009..We hypothesized that levels of respirable suspended particles, an important marker of secondhand smoke, would be significantly lower in smoke-free Irish pubs than in pubs that allowed smoking...
- Using alcohol to sell cigarettes to young adults: a content analysis of cigarette advertisementsSarah A Belstock
Harvard School of Public Health
J Am Coll Health 56:383-9. 2008..Internal tobacco industry documents reveal that cigarette manufacturers understood the popularity of alcohol among young adults and sought to produce pertinent marketing strategies...
- Environmental and economic evaluation of the Massachusetts Smoke-Free Workplace LawHillel R Alpert
Harvard School of Public Health, Division of Public Health Practice, Tobacco Research Program, 401 Park Drive, Landmark Building, Floor 3E, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Community Health 32:269-81. 2007..This evaluation demonstrates that the state-wide Massachusetts law has effectively improved indoor air quality in a sample of Massachusetts venues and has not negatively affected several economic indicators...