Stefan A Carp
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Compression-induced changes in the physiological state of the breast as observed through frequency domain photon migration measurementsStefan A Carp
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biomed Opt 11:064016. 2006..Additionally, the dynamic characteristics of the changes in breast physiological parameters, together with the ability to probe the tissue metabolic state, may prove useful for breast cancer detection...
- Dynamic functional and mechanical response of breast tissue to compressionS A Carp
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Opt Express 16:16064-78. 2008..We obtain estimates of 1.9+/-1.3 micromol/100 mL/min for OC and 2.8+/-1.7 mL/100 mL/min for blood flow, consistent with other published values...
- Combined optical and X-ray tomosynthesis breast imagingQianqian Fang
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th St, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Radiology 258:89-97. 2011..To explore the optical and physiologic properties of normal and lesion-bearing breasts by using a combined optical and digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT) imaging system...
- Near-infrared spectroscopy assessment of cerebral oxygen metabolism in the developing premature brainNadege Roche-Labarbe
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 32:481-8. 2012..43, respectively, P value ≤0.001). Relative CMRO2 during the first month of life is lower when GA is lower. Blood flow index and rCMRO(2) are more accurate biomarkers of the brain development than SO(2) in the premature newborns...
- Combined optical imaging and mammography of the healthy breast: optical contrast derived from breast structure and compressionQianqian Fang
Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02148 USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 28:30-42. 2009..The optical images from a subset of patients show composite features from both tissue structure and pressure distribution. We present mechanical simulations which further confirm this hypothesis...
- Noninvasive optical measures of CBV, StO(2), CBF index, and rCMRO(2) in human premature neonates' brains in the first six weeks of lifeNadege Roche-Labarbe
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, 02129, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 31:341-52. 2010..A stable CBV-CBF relationship may not be valid for premature neonates...
- Due to intravascular multiple sequential scattering, Diffuse Correlation Spectroscopy of tissue primarily measures relative red blood cell motion within vesselsStefan A Carp
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Building 149, 13th Street, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Biomed Opt Express 2:2047-54. 2011....
- Spatio-temporal imaging of the hemoglobin in the compressed breast with diffuse optical tomographyGregory Boverman
Biomedical Engineering Department, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Jonsson Engineering Center, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Phys Med Biol 52:3619-41. 2007..We are able to quantify the global return of blood to the breast following compression, and, in addition, localized changes are observed which correspond to the glandular region of the breast...
- Radiative transport in the delta-P1 approximation: accuracy of fluence rate and optical penetration depth predictions in turbid semi-infinite mediaStefan A Carp
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Biomed Opt 9:632-47. 2004..Graphs are provided to indicate the optical and geometrical conditions under which one must replace the delta-P(1) results for planar irradiation with those for Gaussian beam irradiation to maintain accurate dosimetry predictions...