Affiliation: Harvard University
- Aromatase inhibitors for breast cancer in postmenopausal womenSusana M Campos
Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Oncologist 9:126-36. 2004..These differences may be attributed to the androgenic effects of steroidal agents; clinical trials are currently under way to confirm these suspicions...
- Multicenter, randomized phase II trial of oral CI-1033 for previously treated advanced ovarian cancerSusana Campos
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5597-604. 2005..To evaluate the antitumor activity and toxicity of two doses of CI-1033 in patients with platinum-refractory or recurrent ovarian cancer, and to determine baseline expression of epidermal growth factor receptor in tumor cells...
- Benefits associated with an early hemoglobin response to epoetin alfa therapy in the treatment of chemotherapy-related anemiaSusana M Campos
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 3:807-16. 2005..Early hemoglobin response may therefore be considered as a desired goal of epoetin alfa therapies...
- Liposomal anthracyclines: adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancerSusana Campos
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Oncologist 8:10-6. 2003....
- A comparative study of exemestane versus anastrozole in patients with postmenopausal breast cancer with visceral metastasesSusana M Campos
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 9:39-44. 2009..Recent aromatase inhibitor studies have reported activity in such patients; therefore, this study formally evaluated anastrozole and exemestane in postmenopausal patients in this setting...
- Patterns of recurrence in advanced epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube and peritoneal cancers treated with intraperitoneal chemotherapyKatharine M Esselen
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Gynecol Oncol 127:51-4. 2012..To examine the distribution and outcomes of recurrent disease in patients with ovarian, fallopian tube and peritoneal cancers after optimal cytoreduction and adjuvant intraperitoneal (IP) chemotherapy...
- A pilot trial of TAC (paclitaxel, doxorubicin, and carboplatin) chemotherapy with filgastrim (r-metHuG-CSF) support followed by radiotherapy in patients with "high-risk" endometrial cancerLinda R Duska
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Gynecol Oncol 96:198-203. 2005..To determine the toxicity, tolerability, and feasibility of delivering combination chemotherapy with subsequent radiation therapy to women with high-risk endometrial cancer and to evaluate the long-term bowel toxicity of this regimen...
- Cediranib, an oral inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor kinases, is an active drug in recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal cancerUrsula A Matulonis
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5601-6. 2009..Cediranib is an oral tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (VEGFR) -1, VEGFR-2, VEGFR-3, and c-kit...
- Sequential bevacizumab and oral cyclophosphamide for recurrent ovarian cancerUrsula A Matulonis
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Gynecol Oncol 126:41-6. 2012..Test the safety and efficacy of sequentially blocking angiogenesis by adding oral cyclophosphamide to bevacizumab following cancer progression on bevacizumab in patients with recurrent ovarian cancer...
- The impact of anemia and its treatment on patients with gynecologic malignanciesSusana Campos
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Semin Oncol 29:7-12. 2002..Therefore, epoetin alfa treatment should be considered in this patient population...
- Phase II trial of anastrozole in women with asymptomatic mÃ¼llerian cancerMarcela G del Carmen
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Vincent Obstetrics and Gynecology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Gynecol Oncol 91:596-602. 2003..A minority of patients demonstrated prolonged stable disease while on this agent...
- Unexpected association between induction of immunity to the universal tumor antigen CYP1B1 and response to next therapyJohn G Gribben
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Division of Medical Oncology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:4430-6. 2005..Regardless of the mechanism(s) that induced tumor regression, these findings force us to rethink how the generation of antitumor immunity might be integrated into the treatment of cancer...
- Ovarian squamous cell carcinoma arising from mature cystic teratomaKavitha Parithivel
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Radiology, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Imaging 11:67-9. 2011..This is an interesting case presentation that has prior imaging that demonstrates imaging characteristics of the transformation of a mature cystic teratoma to squamous cell carcinoma...
- Anti-epidermal growth factor receptor strategies for advanced breast cancerSusana M Campos
Department of Breast and Gynecology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Invest 26:757-68. 2008
- Role of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in ovarian cancerJ Tate Thigpen
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Gynecol Oncol 96:10-8. 2005..The plethora of agents currently available present difficult choices for physicians. The present effort seeks to examine the role of one of these agents, pegylated liposomal doxorubicin...
- Trastuzumab and vinorelbine as first-line therapy for HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer: multicenter phase II trial with clinical outcomes, analysis of serum tumor markers as predictive factors, and cardiac surveillance algorithmHarold J Burstein
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2889-95. 2003..We conducted a multicenter phase II study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of trastuzumab combined with vinorelbine, and to assess cardiac surveillance algorithms and tumor markers as prognostic tools...
- Hormonal therapy in postmenopausal women with breast cancerSusana M Campos
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Oncology 64:289-99. 2003..In addition to their role in metastatic breast, trials investigating the potential of aromatase inhibitors in the early breast cancer, both in the adjuvant and neoadjuvant setting are underway...
- Evolving treatment approaches for early breast cancerSusana M Campos
Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 89:S1-7. 2005..In addition to chemotherapy, the use of hormonal therapy continues to evolve, with studies demonstrating the benefit of the aromatase inhibitors and serum estrogen receptor down-regulation...
- Phase I trial of escalating doses of topotecan in combination with a fixed dose of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in women with müllerian malignanciesRichard T Penson
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Gynecol Oncol 93:702-7. 2004..Topotecan and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (Doxil) interact with topoisomerase I and II (topo I and II), respectively, with schedule dependent, and potentially synergistic cytotoxicity...
- Hypersensitivity reactions to chemotherapy: outcomes and safety of rapid desensitization in 413 casesMariana C Castells
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 122:574-80. 2008....