Affiliation: Harvard University
- Reproducibility of gene expression across generations of Affymetrix microarraysAshish Nimgaonkar
Informatics Program, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 4:27. 2003..In this study the reproducibility of gene expression levels across two generations of Affymetrix GeneChips (HuGeneFL and HG-U95A) was measured...
- Quantifying the relationship between co-expression, co-regulation and gene functionDominic J Allocco
Informatics Program, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 5:18. 2004....
- Discovering functional relationships between RNA expression and chemotherapeutic susceptibility using relevance networksA J Butte
Children s Hospital Informatics Program and Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:12182-6. 2000..We discuss the advantages of this methodology over alternative approaches, such as phylogenetic-type tree clustering and self-organizing maps...
- Comparing the similarity of time-series gene expression using signal processing metricsA J Butte
Children s Hospital Informatics Program, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biomed Inform 34:396-405. 2001..Two of these were known in the biomedical literature and may have been missed using correlation coefficients. Digital signal processing tools can be embedded and enhance existing clustering algorithms...
- The use and analysis of microarray dataAtul Butte
Children s Hospital Informatics Program and Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 1:951-60. 2002..This article reviews the different ways to analyse large sets of microarray data, including the questions that can be asked and the challenges in interpreting the measurements...
- Strict interpretation of vaccination guidelines with computerized algorithms and improper timing of administered dosesA J Butte
Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 20:561-5. 2001..Frequently changing immunization recommendations may lead to incorrectly administered doses...
- Data-driven methods to discover molecular determinants of serious adverse drug eventsA P Chiang
Department of Medicine, Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 85:259-68. 2009..We also describe recent examples of how bioinformatics methods coupled with data repositories can advance the science of SADRs...