Mary K Buss
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Challenges in palliative care research: one experienceMary Kathleen Buss
Division of Pain and Palliative Care, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Palliat Med 7:405-7. 2004
- Associations between caregiver-perceived delirium in patients with cancer and generalized anxiety in their caregiversMary K Buss
Center for Psycho Oncology and Palliative Care Research, Division of Psychosocial Oncology and Palliative Care, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Palliat Med 10:1083-92. 2007..We looked for a relationship between caregiver-perceived delirium in a patient with advanced cancer and rates of caregiver psychiatric disorders...
- A study of oncology fellows' training in end-of-life careMary K Buss
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Support Oncol 5:237-42. 2007..Knowledge about key EOL care topics was poor; only 31% correctly performed an opioid conversion. Oncology fellows described deficiencies in training on EOL issues;they may benefit from improved education on EOL topics...
- Assessing competence of residents to discuss end-of-life issuesMary Kathleen Buss
Divisions of Pain and Palliative Care and Thoracic Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Palliat Med 8:363-71. 2005..Residents are often responsible for eliciting patients' treatment preferences at the end of life (EOL), yet we have a limited understanding of their competence in this task...
- Hematology/oncology fellows' training in palliative care: results of a national surveyMary K Buss
Palliative Care Consultation Service, Division of General Internal Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 117:4304-11. 2011..The authors of this report sought to assess the quantity and quality of palliative care education within oncology fellowships...
- Understanding patients' attitudes toward communication about the cost of cancer careAndrea J Bullock
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Oncol Pract 8:e50-8. 2012..We sought to describe oncology patients' attitudes toward cost communication, explore potential predictors for patients' communication preferences, and assess how patients with cancer consider cost when making management decisions...
- On being fired: experiences of patient-initiated termination of the patient-physician relationship in palliative medicineAlexander K Smith
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02446, USA
J Palliat Med 10:938-47. 2007..Little has been written about the experience of patient-initiated termination of the patient-physician relationship, and to our knowledge, nothing has been written that is specific to palliative care...
- Patient/Caregiver influences for declining participation in supportive oncology trialsMary K Buss
Division of Hematology Oncology and Palliative Care Consultation Service, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Rose 144, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Support Oncol 6:168-74. 2008..This information was specific to supportive care trials; it may help researchers plan recruitment strategies and enrollment targets...
- A Phase 1 trial of the poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor olaparib (AZD2281) in combination with the anti-angiogenic cediranib (AZD2171) in recurrent epithelial ovarian or triple-negative breast cancerJoyce F Liu
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Eur J Cancer 49:2972-8. 2013..We investigated the toxicities and recommended phase 2 dosing (RP2D) of the combination of cediranib, a multitargeted inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (VEGFR)-1/2/3 and olaparib, a PARP-inhibitor (NCT01116648)...
- Phase II study: integrated palliative care in newly diagnosed advanced non-small-cell lung cancer patientsJennifer S Temel
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2377-82. 2007..To assess the feasibility of early palliative care in the ambulatory setting in patients with newly diagnosed advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...