Affiliation: Harvard University
- Predicting Participation in Psychiatric Randomized Controlled Trials: Insights From the STEP-BDAlisa B Busch
Dr Busch and Ms Zelevinsky are with the Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston e mail, where Dr He was affiliated when this work was done Dr Busch is also with McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts Dr He is now with the Office of Research and Methodology, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, Maryland Dr O Malley is with the Dartmouth Institute of Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College, Lebanon, New Hampshire
Psychiatr Serv 66:817-23. 2015..This study examined whether RCT participants differ from non-RCT participants who are recruited from the same patient and provider population...
- Accurately predicting bipolar disorder mood outcomes: implications for the use of electronic databasesAlisa B Busch
McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Med Care 50:311-9. 2012..Monitoring mental health treatment outcomes for populations requires an understanding as to which patient information is needed in electronic format and is feasible to obtain in routine care...
- Bipolar-I depression outpatient treatment quality and costs in usual care practiceAlisa B Busch
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, MA, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 41:24-39. 2008..To examine the longitudinal usual care quality and costs of bipolar-I depression treatment in adults...
- Bipolar-I patient characteristics associated with differences in antimanic medication prescribingAlisa B Busch
McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 42:35-49. 2009..We studied the association between patient characteristics and patient-reported antimanic medication use upon entry in the Systematic Treatment Enhancement Program for Bipolar Disorder (STEP-BD)...
- Longitudinal racial/ethnic disparities in antimanic medication use in bipolar-I disorderAlisa B Busch
Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
Med Care 47:1217-28. 2009..To examine racial/ethnic longitudinal disparities in antimanic medication use among adults with bipolar-I disorder...
- Changes over time and disparities in schizophrenia treatment qualityAlisa B Busch
Department of Psychiatry, McLean Hospital, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program, Belmont, Massachusetts, USA
Med Care 47:199-207. 2009..However, there also have been considerable changes in the delivery of mental health care in the public sector, as well as increasing state concerns about Medicaid cost containment...
- Patients' perception of possible child custody or visitation loss for nonadherence to psychiatric treatmentAlisa Busch
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, Proctor Bldg, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:999-1002. 2007..This study explored whether parents treated in public mental health settings perceived that they might lose child custody or visitation if they were not adherent to treatment...
- Quality of care in a Medicaid population with bipolar I disorderAlisa B Busch
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:848-54. 2007..This study examined whether presenting diagnosis and treatment in intensive settings (hospitalization, partial hospitalization, or residential programs) are correlated with the subsequent treatment of bipolar I disorder...
- Changes in the quality of care for bipolar I disorder during the 1990sAlisa B Busch
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program, McLean Hospital, Proctor Building, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:27-33. 2007..This study estimated changes during the 1990s in the quality of usual-care treatment among persons diagnosed as having bipolar I disorder in a privately insured population...
- The effect of a managed behavioral health carve-out on quality of care for medicaid patients diagnosed as having schizophreniaAlisa B Busch
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:442-8. 2004..The evidence on quality impacts is limited and suggests comparable quality overall, except that people with severe psychiatric disorders may be those most disadvantaged by MBHCOs...
- Schizophrenia, co-occurring substance use disorders and quality of care: the differential effect of a managed behavioral health care carve-outAlisa B Busch
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program and the Department of Health Care Policy, McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Proctor Building, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA 02446, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 33:388-97. 2006..Most pronounced across both populations were decrements in receiving the psychosocial treatments for enrollees in the CO arrangement...
- The impact of parity on major depression treatment quality in the Federal Employees' Health Benefits Program after parity implementationAlisa B Busch
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
Med Care 44:506-12. 2006..Major depressive disorder (MDD) is a prevalent but often undetected and undertreated and thus could potentially benefit from parity implementation...
- Antidepressant reformulations: who uses them, and what are the benefits?Haiden A Huskamp
Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 28:734-45. 2009..We found some evidence of benefit for subgroups of antidepressant users, although benefits varied across reformulations...
- Changes in guideline-recommended medication possession after implementing Kendra's law in New YorkAlisa B Busch
McLean Hospital, 115 Mill St, Mailstop 226, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:1000-5. 2010....
- The rise and fall of gabapentin for bipolar disorder: a case study on off-label pharmaceutical diffusionCatherine A Fullerton
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, 180 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02478, USA
Med Care 48:372-9. 2010..The case of gabapentin use in bipolar disorder provides an opportunity to study the roles of marketing, clinical evidence, and prior authorization (PA) policy on off-label medication use...
- Behavioral health insurance parity for federal employeesHoward H Goldman
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21227, USA
N Engl J Med 354:1378-86. 2006..The plans were encouraged to manage care...
- Impact of full mental health and substance abuse parity for children in the Federal Employees Health Benefits ProgramSusan T Azrin
Westat, 1650 Research Blvd, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Pediatrics 119:e452-9. 2007..This study examined the effects of full mental health and substance abuse parity for children...
- Remission, residual symptoms, and nonresponse in the usual treatment of major depression in managed clinical practiceBrian J Cuffel
United Behavioral Health, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:397-402. 2003....
- Recent advances in mental health services research. IntroductionAlisa B Busch
Harv Rev Psychiatry 14:183-4. 2006