Heather H Burris
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Race and preterm birth--the case for epigenetic inquiryHeather H Burris
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Division of Newborn Medicine, Harvard Medical School, USA
Ethn Dis 20:296-9. 2010..We propose this with the hope that these discoveries will lead to opportunities for interventions and ultimate improvements in birth outcomes...
- Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D during pregnancy and small-for-gestational age in black and white infantsHeather H Burris
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Epidemiol 22:581-6. 2012....
- Periconceptional multivitamin use and infant birth weight disparitiesHeather H Burris
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard University, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Ann Epidemiol 20:233-40. 2010..Our objective was to determine whether maternal periconceptional multivitamin (MVI) use is associated with this disparity...
- U.S. provider reported folic acid or multivitamin ordering for non-pregnant women of childbearing age: NAMCS and NHAMCS, 2005-2006Heather H Burris
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard University, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Matern Child Health J 15:352-9. 2011..Our findings suggest that annually there may be over 29 million missed opportunities to recommend folic acid to non-pregnant women seeking preventive care...
- Racial/ethnic disparities in preterm birth: clues from environmental exposuresHeather H Burris
Department of Neonatology, Division of Newborn Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, and Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 23:227-32. 2011..Despite advances in medical care, preterm birth and its associated racial/ethnic disparities remain major public health issues. Environmental exposures may contribute to racial disparities in preterm birth...
- Vitamin D deficiency in pregnancy and gestational diabetes mellitusHeather H Burris
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 207:182.e1-8. 2012..We examined the association of second-trimester maternal plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25[OH]D) during pregnancy with gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)...
- Gestational intake of methyl donors and global LINE-1 DNA methylation in maternal and cord blood: prospective results from a folate-replete populationCaroline E Boeke
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Epigenetics 7:253-60. 2012....
- Are we satisfied with the way we review an article?Muhammad Aslam
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Adv Neonatal Care 9:40-2. 2009..This article gives a brief overview of how to evaluate a manuscript and some basic statistical measures that can be used to evaluate a research study...