J Wesley Boyd
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Ethical and managerial considerations regarding state physician health programsJ Wesley Boyd
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and Cambridge Health Alliance, and Boston Children s Hospital, Cambridge, MA, USA
J Addict Med 6:243-6. 2012..Given our 20 years of service as associate directors of one state PHP we analyze and evaluate the standard operating procedure of many PHPs and offer ethical critique as well as suggestions for improvement...
- U.S. medical students' knowledge about the military draft, the Geneva Conventions, and military medical ethicsJ Wesley Boyd
Int J Health Serv 37:643-50. 2007..9 percent could not state when they would be required to disobey an unethical order...
- The health and health care of US prisoners: results of a nationwide surveyAndrew P Wilper
Departmentof Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, USA
Am J Public Health 99:666-72. 2009..We analyzed the prevalence of chronic illnesses, including mental illness, and access to health care among US inmates...
- Lack of health coverage among US veterans from 1987 to 2004David U Himmelstein
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Mass 02139, USA
Am J Public Health 97:2199-203. 2007..We sought to determine how many veterans were uninsured, trends in veterans' coverage, and whether uninsured veterans lacked access to medical care...
- Life and health insurance industry investments in fast foodArun V Mohan
Department of Psychiatry, Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1029-30. 2010..Insurers own $1.88 billion of stock in the 5 leading fast food companies. We argue that insurers ought to be held to a higher standard of corporate responsibility, and we offer potential solutions...