Sharon L Bober
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Psychosexual functioning and body image following a diagnosis of ductal carcinoma in situSharon L Bober
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Sex Med 10:370-7. 2013..This is of particular importance because many of the parallel treatment modalities also used to treat invasive breast cancer, e.g., surgery and hormonal therapy, have been shown to have a detrimental effect on psychosexual function...
- Sexuality in adult cancer survivors: challenges and interventionSharon L Bober
Sexual Health Program, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:3712-9. 2012..We also address limitations encountered in research and practice and explore future directions, including suggestions for adopting an integrative treatment model to address sexual dysfunction in a cancer survivorship treatment setting...
- Decision-making about tamoxifen in women at high risk for breast cancer: clinical and psychological factorsSharon L Bober
David B Perini Quality of Life Clinic, D321, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4951-7. 2004..To explore the health-related and psychological factors that influence decision making about tamoxifen (Nolvadex; AstraZeneca, Waltham, MA) chemoprevention in women at increased risk for developing breast cancer...
- Recommendation recall and satisfaction after attending breast/ovarian cancer risk counselingSharon L Bober
Department of Pediatric Oncology SLB, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Dana 321, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Genet Couns 16:755-62. 2007..Findings underline the importance of examining recommendation recall, in addition to perceptions of cancer risk, when evaluating the clinical implications of cancer risk assessment...
- Caring for cancer survivors: a survey of primary care physiciansSharon L Bober
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, and Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 115:4409-18. 2009....
- General internist communication about sexual function with cancer survivorsElyse R Park
Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 50 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:S407-11. 2009..Sexual dysfunction is an important issue that affects many cancer survivors who are increasingly being cared for by internists...
- Sexual health communication during cancer care: barriers and recommendationsElyse R Park
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Cancer J 15:74-7. 2009..We adapted a behavioral health counseling model, the 5 A's, and present it as a proposed framework for sexual health communication with cancer patients in a multidisciplinary setting...
- Can the distress thermometer (DT) identify significant psychological distress in long-term cancer survivors? A comparison with the Brief Symptom Inventory-18 (BSI-18)Anna Merport
Perini Family Survivors Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave D321, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Support Care Cancer 20:195-8. 2012..The distress thermometer (DT) is a one-item distress screening recommended by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) for screening cancer patients during their treatment...
- Perceptions of breast cancer risk and cancer screening: a qualitative study of young, female Hodgkin's disease survivorsSharon L Bober
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA02115, USA Sharon_bober dfci harvard edu
J Cancer Educ 22:42-6. 2007..Young female Hodgkins Disease (HD) survivors are at high risk for breast cancer following chest irradiation. We explored health perceptions, screening behaviors, and barriers of this population...
- Addressing female sexual function after cancer by internists and primary care providersSharon L Bober
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Psycho Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Sex Med 10:112-9. 2013....
- Sexual Function in Childhood Cancer Survivors: A Report from Project REACHSharon L Bober
David B Perini Quality of Life Clinic, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Sex Med 10:2084-93. 2013..Although it has been well established that cancer treatment often has profound negative impact on sexual functioning, sexual functioning in adult survivors of childhood cancer is not well understood...