Richard H Blum
Affiliation: Harvard University
- A method for measuring the effectiveness of simulation-based team training for improving communication skillsRichard H Blum
Department of Anesthesia, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Bader 3, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Anesth Analg 100:1375-80, table of contents. 2005..There was no statistical difference in "group sharing" from beginning to end of training, despite trainees' survey responses that the course would be useful for their education and practice...
- Chronic upper airway obstruction and cardiac dysfunction: anatomy, pathophysiology and anesthetic implicationsRichard H Blum
Department of Anesthesia, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 14:75-83. 2004..successful adenotonsillar surgery may not improve upper airway obstruction significantly, especially in the immediate postoperative period when edema, bleeding and the effects of anesthetics and analgesics are present...
- Crisis resource management training for an anaesthesia faculty: a new approach to continuing educationRichard H Blum
Department of Anesthesia, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Children s Hospital, Bader 3, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Med Educ 38:45-55. 2004..Anaesthesia crisis resource management addresses many patient safety issues by teaching behavioural skills for critical events but it has not been systematically utilized to teach experienced faculty...
- Differences in safety climate among hospital anesthesia departments and the effect of a realistic simulation-based training programJeffrey B Cooper
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, RSL 335, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Anesth Analg 106:574-84, table of contents. 2008....
- Simulation-based Assessment to Identify Critical Gaps in Safe Anesthesia Resident PerformanceRichard H Blum
From the Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts R H B Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania J R B Center for Medical Simulation, Charlestown, Massachusetts, and Harvard Medical School and Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts J B C Faculty Development and Innovation, Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts S L M W
Anesthesiology 120:129-41. 2014....