Affiliation: Harvard University
- Imaging studies in focal dystonias: a systems level approach to studying a systems level disorderAnne J Blood
Mood and Motor Control Laboratory, Laboratory of Neuroimaging and Genetics, Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Charlestown, MA, Departments of Psychiatry and Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Curr Neuropharmacol 11:3-15. 2013....
- Evidence for altered basal ganglia-brainstem connections in cervical dystoniaAnne J Blood
Mood and Motor Control Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31654. 2012..While studies in animal models support a role for this circuitry in the pathophysiology of the movement disorder dystonia, thus far, there is only indirect evidence for this in humans with dystonia...
- Intensely pleasurable responses to music correlate with activity in brain regions implicated in reward and emotionA J Blood
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:11818-23. 2001..This finding links music with biologically relevant, survival-related stimuli via their common recruitment of brain circuitry involved in pleasure and reward...
- Basal ganglia activity remains elevated after movement in focal hand dystoniaAnne J Blood
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Ann Neurol 55:744-8. 2004..We posit that inhibitory control of the basal ganglia may be faulty in focal hand dystonia, and that the increases we observe in "resting" activity may mask basal ganglia abnormalities in standard imaging contrast analyses...
- White matter abnormalities in dystonia normalize after botulinum toxin treatmentAnne J Blood
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Neuroreport 17:1251-5. 2006..This raises the possibility that we have observed activity-dependent white matter plasticity in the adult human brain...
- The pathophysiological basis of dystoniasXandra O Breakefield
Department of Neurology and Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nat Rev Neurosci 9:222-34. 2008....
- Association of a polymorphism near CREB1 with differential aversion processing in the insula of healthy participantsRoy H Perlis
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:882-92. 2008....
- The role of the basal ganglia in bimanual coordinationEduard Kraft
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Brain Res 1151:62-73. 2007..Our results suggest a critical role of the basal ganglia in the neural control of bimanual coordination...
- Basal Ganglia Function in Focal DystoniaAnne J Blood; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such a finding would argue the importance of early and effective treatment and provide valuable information needed for developing new, improved treatments for the disorder. ..
- Decreased Motor Thresholds in DystoniaAnne Blood; Fiscal Year: 2005....