Jason P Block
Affiliation: Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Consumers' estimation of calorie content at fast food restaurants: cross sectional observational studyJason P Block
Obesity Prevention Program, Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, 133 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
BMJ 346:f2907. 2013..To investigate estimation of calorie (energy) content of meals from fast food restaurants in adults, adolescents, and school age children...
- "If it tastes good, I'm drinking it": qualitative study of beverage consumption among college studentsJason P Block
Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, Boston, MA, USA
J Adolesc Health 52:702-6. 2013..This study examined how college students choose beverages and whether behavioral interventions might reduce their heavy consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages...
- Protocol for an experimental investigation of the roles of oxytocin and social support in neuroendocrine, cardiovascular, and subjective responses to stress across age and genderLaura D Kubzansky
Department of Society, Human Development, and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA USA
BMC Public Health 9:481. 2009....
- Point-of-purchase price and education intervention to reduce consumption of sugary soft drinksJason P Block
Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1427-33. 2010..We investigated whether a price increase on regular (sugary) soft drinks and an educational intervention would reduce their sales...
- Proximity to food establishments and body mass index in the Framingham Heart Study offspring cohort over 30 yearsJason P Block
Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, Harvard Medical School, 133 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Epidemiol 174:1108-14. 2011....
- Population trends and variation in body mass index from 1971 to 2008 in the framingham heart study offspring cohortJason P Block
Obesity Prevention Program, Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e63217. 2013..We examined body mass index (BMI) across place and time to determine the pattern of BMI mean and standard deviation trajectories...
- Psychosocial stress and change in weight among US adultsJason P Block
Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Epidemiol 170:181-92. 2009..001), strain in relations with family (P = 0.016), and difficulty paying bills (P = 0.010). Interventions to address psychosocial stress may limit weight gain among overweight and obese men and women...