Rupal S Bhatt
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Molecular pathways: can activin-like kinase pathway inhibition enhance the limited efficacy of VEGF inhibitors?Rupal S Bhatt
Authors Affiliations Division of Hematology Oncology and Cancer Biology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts and Departments of Oncology and Medicine, Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Washington, District of Columbia
Clin Cancer Res 20:2838-45. 2014..Targeting of alternate angiogenic pathways, particularly in combination with VEGF pathway blockade, holds the promise of optimally inhibiting angiogenically driven tumor progression. Clin Cancer Res; 20(11); 2838-45. ©2014 AACR. ..
- Resistance of renal cell carcinoma to sorafenib is mediated by potentially reversible gene expressionLiang Zhang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19144. 2011..We examined whether resistance occurs at least in part via reversible, physiologic changes in the tumor, or results solely from stable genetic changes in resistant tumor cells...
- Cox-2 inhibition enhances the activity of sunitinib in human renal cell carcinoma xenograftsX Wang
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Br J Cancer 108:319-26. 2013..As COX-2 is a known mediator of tumour growth, we explored the potential benefit of COX-2 inhibition in combination with VEGFR inhibition in attempts at delaying tumour progression on Su...
- Biomarkers for monitoring antiangiogenic therapyRupal S Bhatt
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:777s-780s. 2007..Surrogate markers of angiogenesis could help with selecting patients for therapy, determining optimal dosing of therapy, deciding whether to change therapy, and assessing appropriate salvage therapy...
- Increased mobilisation of circulating endothelial progenitors in von Hippel-Lindau disease and renal cell carcinomaR S Bhatt
Division of Hematology Oncology and Cancer Biology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 375 Longwood Avenue, MASCO 426, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Br J Cancer 105:112-7. 2011..Because of the highly angiogenic phenotype of renal cell carcinoma (RCC), we sought to assess the potential of CECs as a marker of RCC in patients with von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) disease and those with sporadic RCC...
- Renal cancer resistance to antiangiogenic therapy is delayed by restoration of angiostatic signalingRupal S Bhatt
Division of Hematology Oncology and Cancer Biology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2793-802. 2010....
- A phase 2 pilot trial of low-dose, continuous infusion, or "metronomic" paclitaxel and oral celecoxib in patients with metastatic melanomaRupal S Bhatt
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 116:1751-6. 2010..Angiogenesis, which is the growth of new blood vessels, is necessary for tumor growth and progression. Thus, the authors tested the safety and efficacy of a low dose of paclitaxel and celecoxib in patients with MM...
- High dose intermittent sorafenib shows improved efficacy over conventional continuous dose in renal cell carcinomaXiaoen Wang
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Transl Med 9:220. 2011..However, resistance to therapy develops at a median of 5 months. In an effort to increase efficacy, we studied the effects of increased sorafenib dose and intermittent scheduling in a murine RCC xenograft model...
- Angiopoietin 2 is a potential mediator of high-dose interleukin 2-induced vascular leakDiana C Gallagher
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2115-20. 2007..However, a major toxicity is vascular leak syndrome (VLS). We previously reported elevated serum angiopoietin 2 (Ang2) in septic patients with vascular leak and hypothesized that Ang2 might also contribute to HDIL2 VLS...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-2alpha: effect on radiation sensitivity and differential regulation by an mTOR inhibitorRupal S Bhatt
Division of Cancer Biology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
BJU Int 102:358-63. 2008....
- Phase 2 study of neoadjuvant docetaxel plus bevacizumab in patients with high-risk localized prostate cancer: a Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Consortium trialRobert W Ross
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 118:4777-84. 2012..Treatment of high-risk localized prostate cancer remains inadequate. The authors performed a phase 2 multicenter trial of neoadjuvant docetaxel plus bevacizumab before radical prostatectomy...
- The challenge of herbal therapies for prostate cancerRupal S Bhatt
Cancer Biology and Division of Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:7581-2. 2008..Identification of the biological effects of herbal remedies such as silibinin is critical for their development as anticancer treatments...