Suzanne M Bertisch
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Use of complementary and alternative therapies by overweight and obese adultsSuzanne M Bertisch
Division for Research and Education in Complementary and Integrative Medical Therapies, Osher Research Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1610-5. 2008..Obesity is associated with higher health-care costs due, in part, to higher use of traditional health care. Few data are available on the relationship between obesity and the use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)...
- Complementary and alternative medicine use among adults with migraines/severe headachesRebecca Erwin Wells
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Headache 51:1087-97. 2011..Our objective was to determine patterns, reasons for, and correlates of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use by US adults with migraines/severe headaches...
- Device-guided paced respiration as an adjunctive therapy for hypertension in obstructive sleep apnea: a pilot feasibility studySuzanne M Bertisch
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 1309 Beacon Street, 2nd Floor, Brookline, Boston, MA 02446, USA
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 36:173-9. 2011..52 ± 8.9 mmHg diastolic (p = 0.21). Device-guided paced respiration may lower systolic blood pressure in patients with hypertension and OSA; however, our findings need to be confirmed with larger randomized controlled trials...
- Characteristics of yoga users: results of a national surveyGurjeet S Birdee
Division for Research and Education in Complementary and Integrative Medical Therapies, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1653-8. 2008..There are limited data on the characteristics of yoga users in the U.S...
- The impact of psychological factors on placebo responses in a randomized controlled trial comparing sham device to dummy pillSuzanne M Bertisch
Division for Research and Education in Complementary and Integrative Medical Therapies, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 15:14-9. 2009..To explore to what extent psychological factors such as expectation, depression, anxiety and belief in alternative medicine impact placebo response and differential responses to separate placebo interventions...
- Alternative mind-body therapies used by adults with medical conditionsSuzanne M Bertisch
Division for Research and Education in Complementary and Integrative Medical Therapies, Harvard Medical School Osher Research Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Psychosom Res 66:511-9. 2009..Mind-body therapies (MBT) are used by 16.6% of adults in the United States. Little is known about the patterns of and reasons for use of MBT by adults with common medical conditions...