Affiliation: Harvard University
- Stability and change in level of maternal depressive symptomatology during the first postpartum yearMarjorie Beeghly
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Affect Disord 71:169-80. 2002..Effects of diagnosed depression and infant gender were also assessed...
- Level of prenatal cocaine exposure and infant-caregiver attachment behaviorMarjorie Beeghly
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 25:23-38. 2003....
- Prevalence, stability, and socio-demographic correlates of depressive symptoms in Black mothers during the first 18 months postpartumMarjorie Beeghly
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Matern Child Health J 7:157-68. 2003....
- Longitudinal association between infant disorganized attachment and childhood posttraumatic stress symptomsHelen Z MacDonald
Behavioral Sciences Division, National corrected Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, 150 South Huntington Avenue, 116B 4, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Dev Psychopathol 20:493-508. 2008..These findings suggest that the quality of early dyadic relationships may be linked to differences in children's later development of posttraumatic stress symptoms following a traumatic event...
- Level of prenatal cocaine exposure and 48-month IQ: importance of preschool enrichmentDeborah A Frank
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, 820 Harrison Ave, FGH 3, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 27:15-28. 2005..This analysis was designed to determine whether prenatal cocaine exposure is related to children's standardized cognitive test scores at age 4 years after control for relevant covariates...
- Prenatal cocaine exposure and children's language functioning at 6 and 9.5 years: moderating effects of child age, birthweight, and genderMarjorie Beeghly
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School and Children s Hospital, Child Development Unit, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 31:98-115. 2006..To evaluate whether prenatal cocaine exposure (PCE), or the interaction between PCE and contextual variables, is associated with children's language at age 6 and 9.5 years, adjusting for relevant covariates...
- Suicidal ideation among urban nine and ten year oldsCatherine C O'Leary
Department of Psychiatry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 27:33-9. 2006..Suicidal ideation may be more prevalent among preadolescents from urban, low-income backgrounds than clinicians suspect, particularly among children exposed to violence...
- Intrauterine cocaine exposure and executive functioning in middle childhoodRuth Rose-Jacobs
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 31:159-68. 2009..Results of this study indicate that heavier IUCE may be associated with mild compromise on school-aged children's ability to inhibit prepotent verbal responses...
- Making up is hard to do, especially for mothers with high levels of depressive symptoms and their infant sonsM Katherine Weinberg
Harvard Medical School and Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 47:670-83. 2006..Therefore, this study evaluated the effects of maternal depressive symptom status, infant gender, and interactional context on mother-infant affective expressiveness and the dyadic features of their interactions...
- More than maternal sensitivity shapes attachment: infant coping and temperamentMarina Fuertes
Child Development Unit, Children s Hospital, 1295 Boylston Street, Suite 320, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1094:292-6. 2006..These findings show that attachment quality is influenced by multiple factors, including infant temperament, coping behavior, and maternal sensitivity...
- Early adolescent executive functioning, intrauterine exposures and own drug useRuth Rose-Jacobs
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, 88 East Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118, United States
Neurotoxicol Teratol 33:379-92. 2011....
- Level of prenatal cocaine exposure and scores on the Bayley Scales of Infant Development: modifying effects of caregiver, early intervention, and birth weightDeborah A Frank
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 110:1143-52. 2002....
- Exploring an integrative model of infant behavior: what is the relationship among temperament, sensory processing, and neurobehavioral measures?Andrea Desantis
Department of Developmental Medicine, Children s Hospital, Child Development Unit, 1295 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02215, United States
Infant Behav Dev 34:280-92. 2011..This new integrative model also validates an existing model and expands explanation of infant behavior across disciplines and methods which have significant implications for assessment, intervention, and management practices...
- Qualities of caregiver-child interaction during daily activities of children born very low birth weight with and without white matter disorderMary Beth Kadlec
Studies To Advance Autism Research and Treatment Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Occup Ther 59:57-66. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine qualities of caregiver-child interactions during daily activities of healthy children born full-term and of children born prematurely and very low birth weight with and without white matter disorder...
- Translational research on early language development: current challenges and future directionsMarjorie Beeghly
Harvard Medical School and Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Dev Psychopathol 18:737-57. 2006..Implications of this research for clinical evidence-based practice are also considered...
- Dyadic flexibility during the face-to-face still-face paradigm: a dynamic systems analysis of its temporal organizationAkhila V Sravish
Department of Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA, USA
Infant Behav Dev 36:432-7. 2013..Dyadic flexibility was positively related to infant negativity during the perturbation. Findings were qualified by infant sex and maternal depressive symptoms...
- Magnetic resonance volumetric assessments of brains in fetuses with ventriculomegaly correlated to outcomesDanielle B Pier
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Ultrasound Med 30:595-603. 2011....
- Infants' meaning-making and the development of mental health problemsEd Tronick
Department of Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Boston, 02125, USA
Am Psychol 66:107-19. 2011..Cultural variations in meaning-making and implications for clinical practice are discussed...
- The maternal lifestyle study: cognitive, motor, and behavioral outcomes of cocaine-exposed and opiate-exposed infants through three years of ageDaniel S Messinger
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, USA
Pediatrics 113:1677-85. 2004..To evaluate the direct effects of prenatal cocaine exposure and prenatal opiate exposure on infant mental, motor, and behavioral outcomes longitudinally between 1 and 3 years old...