Lori J Bechard
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Influence of obesity on clinical outcomes in hospitalized children: a systematic reviewLori J Bechard
Center for Nutrition, Divisions of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA Pediatr 167:476-82. 2013..Obesity is prevalent among hospitalized children. Knowledge of the relationship between obesity and outcomes in hospitalized children will enhance nutrition assessment and provide opportunities for interventions...
- Attenuation of resting energy expenditure following hematopoietic SCT in childrenL J Bechard
Clinical Nutrition Service, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 47:1301-6. 2012..Serial measurements of REE or reductions in energy intake should be considered when PN is the primary mode of nutrition...
- Systematic review of the influence of energy and protein intake on protein balance in critically ill childrenLori J Bechard
Division of Gastroenterology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr 161:333-9.e1. 2012..To examine the influence of protein and energy intakes on protein balance in children receiving mechanical ventilation in the pediatric intensive care unit...
- Effect of titrated parenteral nutrition on body composition after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in children: a double-blind, randomized, multicenter trialTanvi S Sharma
Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 95:342-51. 2012..Provision of PN exceeding energy needs may lead to overfeeding and associated complications...
- Nutritional practices and their relationship to clinical outcomes in critically ill children--an international multicenter cohort study*Nilesh M Mehta
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Perioperative Medicine at Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA, USA
Crit Care Med 40:2204-11. 2012..To examine factors influencing the adequacy of energy and protein intake in the pediatric intensive care unit and to describe their relationship to clinical outcomes in mechanically ventilated children...
- Weekly measurements accurately represent trends in resting energy expenditure in children undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantationDebora Duro
Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 32:427-32. 2008..The goal of this study was to determine if weekly REE measurements could accurately represent changes in REE in the peritransplant period compared with a more frequent standard of daily measurements...
- Cumulative energy imbalance in the pediatric intensive care unit: role of targeted indirect calorimetryNilesh M Mehta
Divisions of Critical Care Medicine and Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 33:336-44. 2009..Failure to accurately estimate energy requirements may result in underfeeding or overfeeding. In this study, a dedicated multidisciplinary nutrition team measured energy expenditure in critically ill children...
- Energy imbalance and the risk of overfeeding in critically ill childrenNilesh M Mehta
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 12:398-405. 2011....
- Prognostic factors in the resumption of oral dietary intake after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) in childrenLori J Bechard
Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 31:295-301. 2007..The objective of this study was to identify demographic, clinical, and nutrition factors associated with the resumption of oral dietary intake following HSCT...
- A multi-center, randomized, controlled trial of parenteral nutrition titrated to resting energy expenditure in children undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation ("PNTREE"): rationale and designLori J Bechard
Children s Hospital, Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, United States
Contemp Clin Trials 31:157-64. 2010..CONCLUSION: This study will provide unique and comprehensive nutritional data and its results will guide nutritional therapy for children undergoing HSCT and possibly other catabolic patients...
- Resting energy expenditure after Fontan surgery in children with single-ventricle heart defectsNilesh M Mehta
Division of Critical Care Medicine Anesthesia, Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Perioperative Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Bader 634, MSICU Office, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 36:685-92. 2012..Data on resting energy expenditure (REE) and oxygen consumption (VO(2)) after pediatric cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) will facilitate optimal nutrient prescription...
- Use of a fish oil-based lipid emulsion to treat essential fatty acid deficiency in a soy allergic patient receiving parenteral nutritionKathleen M Gura
Department of Pharmacy, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Nutr 24:839-47. 2005....
- Severe weight loss and hypermetabolic paroxysmal dysautonomia following hypoxic ischemic brain injury: the role of indirect calorimetry in the intensive care unitNilesh M Mehta
Division of Critical Care Medicine Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 32:281-4. 2008..In hospitalized patients with metabolic fluctuations, accurate measurement of energy requirements by indirect calorimetry allows serial monitoring of energy balance and may guide nutrition intake to prevent cumulative energy deficits...
- A multiagent strategy to decrease regimen-related toxicity in children undergoing allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationIan Thornley
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:635-44. 2004..The decreased RRT observed in comparison to historical controls suggests that combination approaches deserve exploration as a means of reducing the morbidity of HSCT...