Genomes and Genes
DAVID B BATES
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Chromosome and replisome dynamics in E. coli: loss of sister cohesion triggers global chromosome movement and mediates chromosome segregationDavid Bates
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Cell 121:899-911. 2005..We propose that cell division licenses the next round of replication initiation via these changes...
- The Escherichia coli baby cell column: a novel cell synchronization method provides new insight into the bacterial cell cycleDavid Bates
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Mol Microbiol 57:380-91. 2005..Second, at a conceptual level, replication-related events are more tightly linked to cell birth (i.e. cell division) than to absolute cell mass...
- A prospective evaluation of the CD14 and CD18 gene polymorphisms and risk of strokeRobert Y L Zee
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, the Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
Stroke 33:892-5. 2002....
- A prospective evaluation of the heat shock protein 70 gene polymorphisms and the risk of strokeRobert Y L Zee
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Thromb Haemost 87:622-5. 2002..In this large, prospective study, genetic polymorphisms in the HSP70 genes were not associated with risks of future stroke. Screening for these polymorphisms is unlikely to be a useful tool for risk assessment...
- Health care IT collaboration in Massachusetts: the experience of creating regional connectivityJohn Halamka
CareGroup Healthcare System and Harvard Medical School, MA SHARE, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 12:596-601. 2005..We describe the history, roles, and evolution of organizations and their plans for and success with pilot projects...
- Patient safety research: an overview of the global evidenceA K Jha
Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 19:42-7. 2010..To better understand the extent and nature of the problem of unsafe care, the WHO World Alliance for Patient Safety commissioned an overview of the world's literature on patient safety research...