M B Barton
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Breast symptoms among women enrolled in a health maintenance organization: frequency, evaluation, and outcomeM B Barton
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Ann Intern Med 130:651-7. 1999..Few data exist about visits to primary care clinicians for breast symptoms in the United States...
- The rational clinical examination. Does this patient have breast cancer? The screening clinical breast examination: should it be done? How?M B Barton
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
JAMA 282:1270-80. 1999..The clinical breast examination (CBE) is widely recommended and practiced as a tool for breast cancer screening; however, its effectiveness is dependent on its precision and accuracy...
- Predicting the cumulative risk of false-positive mammogramsC L Christiansen
Boston University School of Public Health, Health Services Department, and Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research at Veterans Affairs Health Services Research and Development, Boston, MA 01730, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:1657-66. 2000..The cumulative risk of a false-positive mammogram can be substantial. We studied which variables affect the chance of a false-positive mammogram and estimated cumulative risks over nine sequential mammograms...
- The relation of household income to mammography utilization in a prepaid health care systemM B Barton
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School, and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston, Mass, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:200-3. 2001..5 percentage points (95% confidence interval [CI], 1.4% to 3.6%), independent of age and division. Our findings suggest that coverage for mammography services is not sufficient to ensure equivalent use of screening across income groups...
- Increased patient concern after false-positive mammograms: clinician documentation and subsequent ambulatory visitsM B Barton
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:150-6. 2001....