Affiliation: Harvard University
- Ultrasound image segmentation using spectral clusteringNeculai Archip
Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ultrasound Med Biol 31:1485-97. 2005..The success of the segmentation on these test cases warrants further research into NCut-based segmentation of ultrasound images...
- Spectral clustering algorithms for ultrasound image segmentationNeculai Archip
Computational Radiology Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:862-9. 2005..Comparisons with the classical NCut algorithm are also presented. Finally, segmentation results on other types of medical images are shown...
- A validation framework for brain tumor segmentationNeculai Archip
Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Acad Radiol 14:1242-51. 2007..We introduce a validation framework for the segmentation of brain tumors from magnetic resonance (MR) images. A novel unsupervised semiautomatic brain tumor segmentation algorithm is also presented...
- Non-rigid alignment of pre-operative MRI, fMRI, and DT-MRI with intra-operative MRI for enhanced visualization and navigation in image-guided neurosurgeryNeculai Archip
Department of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuroimage 35:609-24. 2007....
- Anatomical structure modeling from medical imagesNeculai Archip
Computational Radiology Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 82:203-15. 2006..The method is demonstrated on computed tomography, MRI and 3D ultrasound data. Models of 170,000 tetrahedra are constructed on a standard workstation in approximately 10s. A comparison with related methods is also provided...
- Compensation of geometric distortion effects on intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging for enhanced visualization in image-guided neurosurgeryNeculai Archip
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Neurosurgery 62:209-15; discussion 215-6. 2008..We propose and evaluate a novel method to compensate for the geometric distortion of intraoperative 0.5-T MRI in image-guided neurosurgery...
- Image-guided neurosurgery at Brigham and Women's HospitalSimon P DiMaio
Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag 25:67-73. 2006
- A knowledge-based approach to automatic detection of the spinal cord in CT imagesNeculai Archip
Computer Science Department, University of Neuchatel, Emile Argand 11, CH 2007, Neuchatel, Switzerland
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 21:1504-16. 2002..The lamina is more problematic to locate correctly (accuracy 72%). The position of the outer thorax is always determined correctly...
- Automatic detection of fiducial markers in fluoroscopy images for on-line calibrationLaurence Smith
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver Canada
Med Phys 32:1521-3. 2005..An on-line technique is developed to automatically locate the fiducial markers and validated on 97 images. The success rate of the detection algorithm is 96.28% with an average error of 0.46 mm and a standard deviation of 0.32 mm...
- Automatic measurements of image geometry for online calibration of C-arm fluoroscopyNeculai Archip
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z4, Canada
Med Phys 31:2498-500. 2004..All 100 images were successfully measured with an average error of 0.8 mm for the center and 0.8 mm for the radius. The execution time is less than one second per image...
- A computer aided diagnostic system for radiotherapy planningNeculai Archip
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of British Columbia, Canada
Z Med Phys 12:246-51. 2002..The experiments performed show that the method is reliable, with possible future application in an oncology department...
- Improved Targeting in Minimally Invasive Image-Guided Radio Frequency AblationNeculai Archip; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..