Affiliation: Harvard University
- Association between air pollution exposure and exhaled nitric oxide in an elderly populationG Adamkiewicz
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Thorax 59:204-9. 2004....
- Moving environmental justice indoors: understanding structural influences on residential exposure patterns in low-income communitiesGary Adamkiewicz
Department of Environmental Health Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Public Health 101:S238-45. 2011..To inform strategies to reduce disparities, we developed a framework to identify the individual and place-based drivers of indoor environment quality...
- Nitrogen dioxide concentrations in neighborhoods adjacent to a commercial airport: a land use regression modeling studyGary Adamkiewicz
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 401 Park Drive, Boston, MA, USA
Environ Health 9:73. 2010..F. Green Airport in Warwick, RI, and land-use regression (LUR) modeling techniques to determine the impact of proximity to the airport and local traffic on these concentrations...
- The effects of indoor environmental exposures on pediatric asthma: a discrete event simulation modelM Patricia Fabian
Department of Environmental Health, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Environ Health 11:66. 2012....
- Contributions of aircraft arrivals and departures to ultrafine particle counts near Los Angeles International AirportHsiao Hsien Hsu
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Sci Total Environ 444:347-55. 2013..Understanding these associations will facilitate interpretation of the exposure and health risk implications of UFP related to aviation emissions...
- Pesticides in urban multiunit dwellings: hazard identification using classification and regression tree (CART) analysisRhona Julien
Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 58:1297-302. 2008..We conclude that using CART as an exploratory technique to better understand the home characteristics associated with elevated pesticide levels may be a viable approach for risk management in large multiunit housing developments...
- A simulation model of building intervention impacts on indoor environmental quality, pediatric asthma, and costsMaria Patricia Fabian
Department of Environmental Health, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Mass Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Mass Electronic address
J Allergy Clin Immunol 133:77-84. 2014..Simulation models can evaluate such complex systems but have not been applied in this context...
- Household pesticide contamination from indoor pest control applications in urban low-income public housing dwellings: a community-based participatory researchChensheng Lu
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 401 Park Drive, Landmark Center West Boston Massachusetts 02215, USA
Environ Sci Technol 47:2018-25. 2013..S. should accentuate the need for alternative pest management programs that incorporate safer and more sustainable protocols for pest controls...
- The relationship between diet and perceived and objective access to supermarkets among low-income housing residentsCaitlin E Caspi
Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntingon Avenue, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Soc Sci Med 75:1254-62. 2012..0008). Perceived measures of the food environment may be more strongly related to dietary behaviors than objective ones, and may incorporate components of food access not captured in objective measures...
- Pesticide loadings of select organophosphate and pyrethroid pesticides in urban public housingRhona Julien
Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 18:167-74. 2008..Detection of several pesticides including banned or restricted use products in some public housing units, underscore the need for alternative pest management strategies that embrace the safe and judicious use of pest control products...
- Impact of bicycle route type on exposure to traffic-related air pollutionPiers Macnaughton
Exposure, Epidemiology and Risk Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA Electronic address
Sci Total Environ 490:37-43. 2014..These findings suggest that cyclists can reduce their exposure to TRAP during their commute by using bike paths preferentially over bike lanes regardless of the potential increase of traffic near these routes. ..
- Intention to quit smoking and concerns about household environmental risks: findings from the Health in Common Study in low-income housingGlorian Sorensen
Center for Community Based Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Cancer Causes Control 24:805-11. 2013..To assess the association between intention to quit smoking and perceptions of household environmental risks among racially/ethnically diverse residents of low-income housing...
- Mapping the vertical distribution of population and particulate air pollution in a near-highway urban neighborhood: implications for exposure assessmentChih Da Wu
Exposure, Epidemiology and Risk Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 24:297-304. 2014..g., winds were off the highways). ..