Ussama M Abdel-Motal
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Increased immunogenicity of HIV-1 p24 and gp120 following immunization with gp120/p24 fusion protein vaccine expressing alpha-gal epitopesUssama M Abdel-Motal
Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Vaccine 28:1758-65. 2010..This strategy of anti-Gal mediated targeting to APC may be used for production of effective HIV-1 vaccines comprised of various viral proteins fused to gp120...
- Intratumoral injection of alpha-gal glycolipids induces xenograft-like destruction and conversion of lesions into endogenous vaccinesUri Galili
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Immunol 178:4676-87. 2007..Similar intratumoral injection of alpha-gal glycolipids in humans is likely to induce the destruction of treated lesions and elicit a protective immune response against micrometastases...
- Accelerated healing of skin burns by anti-Gal/alpha-gal liposomes interactionUri Galili
Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Burns 36:239-51. 2010..Since anti-Gal is abundant in all humans, it is suggested that treatment with alpha-gal liposomes will be effective also in patients with burns and other skin wounds...
- Intratumoral injection of alpha-gal glycolipids induces a protective anti-tumor T cell response which overcomes Treg activityUssama M Abdel-Motal
Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Ave, North Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 58:1545-56. 2009....
- Immunogenicity of influenza virus vaccine is increased by anti-gal-mediated targeting to antigen-presenting cellsUssama M Abdel-Motal
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, LRB, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Virol 81:9131-41. 2007..We suggest that a similar method for increasing immunogenicity may be applicable to avian influenza vaccines...
- Mechanism for increased immunogenicity of vaccines that form in vivo immune complexes with the natural anti-Gal antibodyUssama M Abdel-Motal
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Vaccine 27:3072-82. 2009..This universal mechanism for anti-Gal mediated increased immunogenicity is demonstrated in alpha1,3galactosyltransferase knockout mice with ovalbumin as a model vaccine...