Christine W Hartmann
- Validation of a novel safety climate instrument in VHA nursing homesChristine W Hartmann
1Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, A VA Center of Excellence, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Med Care Res Rev 70:400-17. 2013..It was subsequently pilot tested in a sample of CLC employees. After refinement based on the pilot results, it was administered in a sample of five CLCs, where it was found to have adequate reliability and validity. ..
- The Medicare policy of payment adjustment for health care-associated infections: perspectives on potential unintended consequencesChristine W Hartmann
Bedford VA Medical Center, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Med Care Res Rev 69:45-61. 2012....
- An overview of patient safety climate in the VAChristine W Hartmann
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, A VA Center of Excellence, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Health Serv Res 43:1263-84. 2008..To assess variation in safety climate across VA hospitals nationally...
- Relationship of hospital organizational culture to patient safety climate in the Veterans Health AdministrationChristine W Hartmann
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes, and Economic Research, Bedford, MA, USA
Med Care Res Rev 66:320-38. 2009..Hospitals could use these results to design specific interventions aimed at improving safety climate...
- Identifying organizational cultures that promote patient safetySara J Singer
Health Care Management and Policy, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Health Care Manage Rev 34:300-11. 2009....
- How does patient safety culture in the operating room and post-anesthesia care unit compare to the rest of the hospital?Haytham M A Kaafarani
Department of Surgery, Boston, VA Healthcare System, West Roxbury, MA, USA
Am J Surg 198:70-5. 2009..A strong patient safety culture in the operating room (OR) and post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) is essential to promote safe care...
- Including catheter-associated urinary tract infections in the 2008 CMS payment policy: a qualitative analysisJennifer A Palmer
Center for Health Quality Outcomes, and Economic Research, Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital Bedford, MA, USA
Urol Nurs 33:15-23. 2013..With rich qualitative data, it sheds light on the day-to-day impact of this recent health policy on CAUTI prevention...
- Nursing home employee perceptions of culture changeJennifer A Palmer
Center for Health, Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial VA Hospital, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Res Gerontol Nurs 6:152-60. 2013..Existent power differentials among staff may influence comfort levels with culture change. Assessing staff comfort with culture change may help guide implementation efforts in a strategic manner...
- A website to improve asthma care by suggesting patient questions for physicians: qualitative analysis of user experiencesChristine W Hartmann
Department of Health Policy, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Med Internet Res 9:e3. 2007..While there are many reasons for this, physician inertia with respect to treatment change is partly to blame. Research suggests that patients who ask for specific tests and treatments are more likely to receive them...
- Asthma management programs in managed care organizationsChristine W Hartmann
Department of Health Policy, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Dis Manag 8:339-45. 2005..Without innovative approaches to care, it appears that current MCOs' asthma management efforts may not result in substantial improvements in asthma outcomes...