Affiliation: Hartford Hospital
- Drug information education in doctor of pharmacy programsFei Wang
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 3092, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 70:51. 2006..To characterize pharmacy program standards and trends in drug information education...
- Management of rosiglitazone-induced edema: two case reports and a review of the literatureFei Wang
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 2092, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 4:505-14. 2002..Two cases presented in this report illustrate a different outpatient management approach that enables both desired glycemic control and minimal fluid retention while using the thiazolidinediones...
- Insulin glargine: a systematic review of a long-acting insulin analogueFei Wang
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy, Storrs, 06269 2092, USA
Clin Ther 25:1541-77, discussion 1539-40. 2003..It differs in structure from native human insulin by 3 amino acids, a structural modification that provides a delayed onset of action and a constant, peakless effect that has a duration of at least 24 hours...
- Continuation of thiazolidinedione therapy in patients without left ventricular dysfunction who developed edema and congestive-heart-failure symptomsFei Wang
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bay Pines, FL, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 61:1604-8. 2004
- Hypertension in Puerto Ricans in the Continental United StatesCunegundo Vergara
Department of Medicine, Hartford Hospital, Bliss 1177, 80 Seymour Street, CT 06102, USA
P R Health Sci J 27:247-55. 2008..Puerto Ricans comprise one of the largest growing minority groups in the United States, yet data about hypertension in this population is lacking...
- Effects of large dose of dexamethasone on inflammatory mediators and pancreatic cell apoptosis of rats with severe acute pancreatitisXi Ping Zhang
Department of General Surgery, Hangzhou First People s Hospital, 261 Huansha Road, Hangzhou 310006, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:5506-11. 2007..To investigate the influence of high dose of dexamethasone on inflammatory mediators and apoptosis of rats with severe acute pancreatitis (SAP)...
- A novel synthesis of arylpyrrolo[1,2-a]pyrazinone derivativesFei Wang
School of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, 110016, PR China
Molecules 9:574-82. 2004..Eleven aryl-2-methyl-1- pyrrolo[1,2-a]pyrazinone derivatives not previously reported in the literature are presented in this paper. Some of them show potent anti-inflammatory and analgesic activities...
- Inhibition of proliferation and transforming growth factor beta3 protein expression by peroxisome proliferators-activated receptor gamma ligands in human uterine leiomyoma cellsChun hua Zhang
Department of Obstetric and Gynecology, Shandong University Shandong Provincial Hospital, Jinan, Shandong 250021, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:166-71. 2008..However, it is not clear whether rosiglitazone affects the protein expression of transforming growth factor beta3 (TGF-beta3) and the cell proliferation in human uterine leiomyoma cells in vitro...
- An update on recent advances in asthma managementRachel Kopecky
Hartford Hospital, USA
Conn Med 72:335-9. 2008
- Lipid products of PI(3)Ks maintain persistent cell polarity and directed motility in neutrophilsFei Wang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology and the Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0450, USA
Nat Cell Biol 4:513-8. 2002..Thus reciprocal interplay between PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3) and polymerized actin initiates and maintains the asymmetry of intracellular signals responsible for cell polarity and directed motility...
- Electroacupuncture suppresses expression of gastric ghrelin and hypothalamic NPY in chronic food restricted ratsNan Tian
Neuroscience Research Institute, Peking University, Beijing 100083, PR China
Peptides 27:2313-20. 2006..A reduction in the orexigenic peptides ghrelin and NPY may be involved in the underlying mechanism...
- Racial/ethnic differences in diabetes care for older veterans: accounting for dual health system use changes conclusionsJewell H Halanych
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes, and Economic Research, Bedford VA Hospital, Bedford, Massachusetts, USA
Med Care 44:439-45. 2006..Veterans Health Administration (VHA) databases are used extensively to study racial/ethnic disparities; however, these databases may not capture all care received by VHA patients...
- A new cytotoxic lanostane triterpenoid from the basidiomycete Hebeloma versipelleHong Jun Shao
Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming 650204, China
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 58:828-31. 2005..The structure was elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic studies including 2D NMR experiments. Compound 1 moderately inhibited the growth of several tumor cell lines (IC50 10-25.0 microg/ml)...
- Disparities in diabetes care: impact of mental illnessSusan M Frayne
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital, Bedford, MA, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:2631-8. 2005..Diabetes serves as a useful condition in which to test for MHC-related disparities in care. We examined whether quality measures for diabetes care are worse for patients with or without MHCs...
- Up-regulation of the expression of cocaine and amphetamine-regulated transcript peptide by electroacupuncture in the arcuate nucleus of diet-induced obese ratsDe Run Tian
Department of Anatomy, Tianjin Medical University, China
Neurosci Lett 383:17-21. 2005..The results suggest that EA can up-regulate the expression of CART peptide to approach normal level, resulting in an inhibition of food intake and a reduction of body weight in DIO rats...
- Bone marrow and tumor cell colony-forming units and human tumor xenograft efficacy of noncamptothecin and camptothecin topoisomerase I inhibitorsLeslie S Kurtzberg
Genzyme Corporation, 49 New York Avenue, Framingham, MA 01701, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:3212-22. 2008..This may be due to greater sensitivity of human bone marrow than mouse to the cytotoxicity of these agents. It may be possible to achieve similar levels of ARC-111 in patients as in mice allowing improved antitumor activity...