Affiliation: Hartford Hospital
- Determinants of geropsychiatric inpatient length of stayKaren Blank
Braceland Center for Mental Health and Aging, Institute of Living, Hartford Hospital, CT 06106, USA
Psychiatr Q 76:195-212. 2005..Incorporation of LOS predictors into Medicare Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) would more accurately account for the complexity in the cost of caring for geropsychiatry patients...
- Screening for depression in middle-aged and older puerto rican primary care patientsJulie Robison
Braceland Center for Mental Health and Aging, Institute of Living, Hartford Hospital s Mental Health Network, Connecticut 06106, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 57:M308-14. 2002..To date, optimal depression screens and optimal cutpoints have not been identified for middle-aged and older Hispanic primary care patients...
- Depression in later-life Puerto Rican primary care patients: the role of illness, stress, social integration, and religiosityJulie Robison
Braceland Center for Mental Health and Aging, Institute of Living, Hartford Hospital s Mental Health Network, Hartford, Connecticut 06106, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 15:239-51. 2003..This study expands previous research, examining the relationships between depression and social stressors, social support, and religiosity, for Puerto Rican primary care patients aged 50 and older...
- Research issues related to individuals with intellectual disabilitiesKathy Kellett
Braceland Center for Mental Health and Aging, Institute of Living Hartford Hospital, Hartford Hospital s Mental Health Network, USA
Conn Med 68:525-9. 2004
- Building interdisciplinary/intersectoral research partnerships for community-based mental health research with older minority adultsJean J Schensul
Institute for Community Research, Hartford Square West, 100 Hartford, Hartford, CT 06106, USA
Am J Community Psychol 38:79-93. 2006..The paper concludes with strengths and limitations of the approach...
- Partners in caregiving in a special care environment: cooperative communication between staff and families on dementia unitsJulie Robison
Center on Aging, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030 6147, USA
Gerontologist 47:504-15. 2007....
- Factors associated with skilled nursing facility transfers in dementia-specific assisted livingAnne M Kenny
Center on Aging, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 5215, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 22:255-60. 2008..Medical, functional, and behavioral problems are associated with transitions from assisted living (AL), but limited information is available on those at highest risk for transition...