Bruce E Blanchard
Affiliation: Hartford Hospital
- RAAS polymorphisms alter the acute blood pressure response to aerobic exercise among men with hypertensionBruce E Blanchard
University of CT, Storrs, CT 06102, USA
Eur J Appl Physiol 97:26-33. 2006..In order to optimally prescribe exercise for its BP lowering benefits in those with hypertension, additional knowledge of how genetic variation affects the BP response to exercise is needed...
- The alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism and the antihypertensive effects of exercise among men with high blood pressureLinda S Pescatello
Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, USA
Clin Sci (Lond) 113:251-8. 2007..Our findings indicate that the alpha-adducin Gly460Trp genotype may be useful in identifying men who have a reduced BP after lower intensity aerobic exercise...
- The influence of short and long duration on the blood pressure response to an acute bout of dynamic exerciseMargaux A Guidry
University of CT, Storrs, CT 06269-2101, USA
Am Heart J 151:1322.e5-12. 2006..Additional investigation is needed to better quantify the dose of exercise needed to lower BP...
- Peak systolic blood pressure on a graded maximal exercise test and the blood pressure response to an acute bout of submaximal exerciseAmy N Syme
University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:938-43. 2006..In conclusion, the findings of this study suggest that peak systolic BP on a GEST may be used to characterize which men with hypertension will have decreased systolic BP after acute submaximal aerobic exercise...
- Exercise intensity alters postexercise hypotensionLinda S Pescatello
University of Connecticut, School of Allied Health, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 2101, USA
J Hypertens 22:1881-8. 2004..g. postexercise hypotension (PEH). The optimal exercise intensity needed to evoke PEH has not been established. We examined the effect of light (LITE) and moderate (MOD) exercise intensity on PEH...
- The metabolic syndrome and the immediate antihypertensive effects of aerobic exercise: a randomized control designLinda S Pescatello
Department of Kinesiology, University of CT, Storrs, CT, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 8:12. 2008..We examined the influence of the Msyn on the blood pressure (BP) response following low (LIGHT, 40% peak oxygen consumption, VO2peak) and moderate (MODERATE, 60% VO2peak) intensity, aerobic exercise...