- Telephone care coordination for smokers in VA mental health clinics: protocol for a hybrid type-2 effectiveness-implementation trialErin Rogers
VA New York Harbor Healthcare System, 423 East 23rd Street 15N, New York, NY 10010, USA
Addict Sci Clin Pract 8:7. 2013....
- Rewarding early abstinence in Veterans Health Administration addiction clinicsHildi J Hagedorn
Veterans Health Administration Substance Use Disorder Quality Enhancement Research Initiative, Minneapolis VA Healthcare System, Minneapolis, MN, 55417, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 45:109-17. 2013..669, se=0.2483) compared to usual care participants. Intervention effects were non-significant for the stimulant dependent subgroup. The study provides support for the effectiveness of CM interventions for alcohol dependent patients...
- A Guide for applying a revised version of the PARIHS framework for implementationCheryl B Stetler
Independent Consultant, Amherst, Massachusetts, USA Health Services Department, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Implement Sci 6:99. 2011..The purpose of the Guide is to enhance and optimize efforts of researchers using PARIHS in implementation trials and evaluations...
- Predicting implementation from organizational readiness for change: a study protocolChristian D Helfrich
Northwest Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, VA Puget Sound Healthcare System, Seattle, Washington, USA
Implement Sci 6:76. 2011..We describe a protocol to comprehensively assess the psychometric properties of a previously developed survey, the Organizational Readiness to Change Assessment...
- A critical synthesis of literature on the promoting action on research implementation in health services (PARIHS) frameworkChristian D Helfrich
Northwest HSR and D Center of Excellence, VA Puget Sound Healthcare System, Seattle, Washington, USA
Implement Sci 5:82. 2010..The purpose of the present article was to critically review and synthesize the literature on PARIHS to understand how it has been used and operationalized, and to highlight its strengths and limitations...
- The relationship between baseline Organizational Readiness to Change Assessment subscale scores and implementation of hepatitis prevention services in substance use disorders treatment clinics: a case studyHildi J Hagedorn
Substance Use Disorders Quality Enhancement Research Initiative, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Implement Sci 5:46. 2010..The purpose of the current study was to examine the relationship between baseline ORCA scores and implementation of hepatitis prevention services in substance use disorders (SUD) clinics...
- Assessment of a hepatitis educational group for veterans with substance use disordersHildi Hagedorn
Substance Use Disorders Quality Enhancement Research Initiative, Minneapolis Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 36:57-60. 2010..One component of the Liver Health Initiative is an hour-long educational group; the Healthy Liver Group...
- Antibody response to hepatitis B vaccine in substance use disorder patientsHildi J Hagedorn
Veterans Health Administration s Substance Use Disorders Quality Enhancement Research Initiative, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 107:39-43. 2010....
- Integrating hepatitis prevention services into a substance use disorder clinicHildi Hagedorn
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 32:391-8. 2007..The importance of providing comprehensive educational sessions and recommendations for how patients with substance use disorders can access hepatitis screening, vaccination, and treatment resources are stressed...
- Lessons learned about implementing research evidence into clinical practice. Experiences from VA QUERIHildi Hagedorn
Substance Use Disorders QUERI, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:S21-4. 2006..The findings stress the importance of utilizing formative evaluation techniques to identify barriers to successful implementation and strategies to address these barriers...
- Beliefs about evidence-based practices in addiction treatment: a survey of Veterans Administration program leadersMark L Willenbring
Quality Enhancement Research Initiative SUD Module, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 26:79-85. 2004..Several treatments were seen as strongly evidentiary, but were not widely implemented, suggesting possible foci for future translation studies...
- Psychiatric illness among drug court probationersHildi Hagedorn
Minneapolis VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 29:775-88. 2003..Many of these individuals had not been identified previously as needing psychiatric treatment. More frequent and thorough screening for psychiatric illness in drug court settings is necessary to identify serious psychiatric illnesses...
- The role of formative evaluation in implementation research and the QUERI experienceCheryl B Stetler
J Gen Intern Med 21:S1-8. 2006..This article also provides methodologic details and highlights challenges encountered in actualizing formative evaluation within implementation research...