Ihor S Sawczuk
Affiliation: Hackensack University Medical Center
- Low molecular weight heparin for venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in urologic oncologic surgeryIhor S Sawczuk
Department of Urology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, USA
Cancer Invest 20:889-92. 2002..This is a prospective study in the use of low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) for venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in the previously unstudied subset of patients undergoing elective urologic cancer surgery...
- DD23 Biomarker: a prospective clinical assessment in routine urinary cytology specimens from patients being monitored for TCCIhor S Sawczuk
Columbia University, Urology Department, 161 Fort Washington Ave, New York, NY 10032, USA
Urol Oncol 7:185-90. 2002..A prospective clinical study was conducted to assess the ability of the DD23 murine monoclonal antibody to enhance detection of bladder cancer in routine alcohol fixed urine cytology samples...
- Review of vitamin E and selenium in the prevention of prostate cancer: implications of the selenium and vitamin E chemoprevention trialRaymond W Pak
Hackensack University Medical Center, 20 Prospect Avenue, Suite 703, Hackensack, NJ 07601, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 1:338-44. 2002..The SELECT study will define the role of the antioxidants selenium and vitamin E in the prevention of prostate cancer; complete data from the study will be available in 12 years...
- Reevaluation of TNM staging of renal cortical tumors: recurrence and survival for T1N0M0 and T3aN0M0 tumors are equivalentScott M Gilbert
Department of Urology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Urology 68:287-91. 2006..These data suggest that the T3a classification should be examined more closely to attempt to improve the prognostic validity of the TNM classification...
- Detection of carbonic anhydrase-9 gene expression in peripheral blood cells predicts risk of disease recurrence in patients with renal cortical tumorsScott M Gilbert
Squier Urological Clinic, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Urology 67:942-5. 2006..This is the first study reporting on the prognostic value of this peripheral blood-based tumor marker for kidney tumors...
- A contemporary evaluation of cytoreductive nephrectomy with tumor thrombus: Morbidity and long-term survivalManlio A Goetzl
Department of Urology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Urol Oncol 22:182-7. 2004..The long-term survival, however, was not statistically different and thus aggressive surgery for select metastatic RCC patients is warranted...
- Re-evaluation of the Tumour-Node-Metastasis staging of locally advanced renal cortical tumours: absolute size (T2) is more significant than renal capsular invasion (T3a)Alana M Murphy
Department of Urology, Columbia University Medical Center, 161 Fort Washington Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10032, USA
BJU Int 95:27-30. 2005....
- Evaluation of DD23 as a marker for detection of recurrent transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder in patients with a history of bladder cancerScott M Gilbert
Department of Urology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York, USA
Urology 61:539-43. 2003..In addition, DD23 does not appear to lose sensitivity in patients with a prior history of bladder cancer treated with intravesical agents...
- Natural history and clinical outcome of sporadic renal cortical tumors diagnosed in the young adultManlio A Goetzl
Department of Urology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, New York, New York 10032, USA
Urology 63:41-5. 2004..Young patients were neither more nor less likely to develop recurrence compared with their older counterparts...
- Evaluation of the incidentally discovered adrenal massRavi Munver
Department of Urology, Hackensack University Medical Center, 20 Prospect Avenue, Suite 703, Hackensack, NJ 07601, USA
Curr Urol Rep 5:73-7. 2004..Furthermore, it is of great importance to identify patients who are morbidly affected by hormonal hypersecretion or malignant potential. This article describes the emerging guidelines for the evaluation of the incidental adrenal mass...
- Shifting gene expression profiles during ex vivo culture of renal tumor cells: implications for cancer immunotherapyFederica Moschella
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Oncol Res 14:133-45. 2003....
- Bacillus Calmete-GuÃ©rin plus interferon-alpha2B intravesical therapy maintains an extended treatment plan for superficial bladder cancer with minimal toxicityJohn S Lam
Department of Urology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Urol Oncol 21:354-60. 2003..However, radical treatment options should be pursued for early failures of this combination regimen in those patients with risk factors for recurrence and progression...
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy in patients with prostate cancer with high-risk features: predictors of favorable pathologic outcomeJayant Uberoi
Department of Urology, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, New Jersey 07601, USA
J Endourol 24:403-7. 2010..We aimed to assess whether certain preoperative clinical and pathologic characteristics correlate with pathologic outcome in high-risk prostate cancer patients who underwent robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (RALP)...
- The role of carbonic anhydrase IX overexpression in kidney cancerThambi Dorai
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center, New York Medical College, Bronx, NY 10466 2697, USA
Eur J Cancer 41:2935-47. 2005..Finally, our studies emphasize the need for a more refined strategy using signal transduction therapeutics to inhibit the cell surface carbonic anhydrases for the management of this malignancy...