Affiliation: H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- Changes in the care of non-small-cell lung cancer after audit and feedback: the Florida initiative for quality cancer careTawee Tanvetyanon
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa Center for Cancer Care and Research at Watson Clinic, Lakeland Florida Cancer Specialists and Research Institute, Sarasota Spacecoast Cancer Center, Titusville Ocala Oncology, Ocala Coastal Oncology and Hematology, Stuart Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville Cancer Center of Florida, Orlando North Broward Medical Center, Deerfield Beach Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare, Tallahassee and University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
J Oncol Pract 10:e247-54. 2014..Non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is one of the most common diseases encountered in medical oncology practice. We investigated the use of audit and feedback to improve the care of NSCLC...
- Current clinical application of genomic and proteomic profiling in non-small-cell lung cancerTawee Tanvetyanon
Thoracic Oncology Program, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 21:32-9. 2014..In the management of non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC), genomic and proteomic profiling applications have become useful in early disease detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prognostication...
- Computed tomography response, but not positron emission tomography scan response, predicts survival after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for resectable non-small-cell lung cancerTawee Tanvetyanon
Division of Thoracic Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4610-6. 2008....
- Relationship between tumor size and survival among patients with resection of multiple synchronous lung cancersTawee Tanvetyanon
Department of Thoracic Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:1018-24. 2010..For those undergoing surgery, limited information exists on the relationship between tumor size and survival...
- Outcomes of postoperative concurrent chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced major salivary gland carcinomaTawee Tanvetyanon
Head and Neck Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:687-92. 2009..To investigate the potential value of postoperative concurrent chemoradiation among patients with high-risk salivary gland carcinomas...
- Prognostic factors for survival after salvage reirradiation of head and neck cancerTawee Tanvetyanon
Head and Neck and ThoracicPrograms, and the Statistic Core, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center andResearch Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1983-91. 2009..Reirradiation is a treatment option, although it is associated with substantial toxicities. We investigated potential prognostic factors, including comorbidity and pre-existing organ dysfunction, for survival after reirradiation...
- Survival outcomes of squamous cell carcinoma arising from sinonasal inverted papilloma: report of 6 cases with systematic review and pooled analysisTawee Tanvetyanon
Head and Neck Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 30:38-43. 2009..Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is associated with IP in about 7% of cases. To date, there has been no pooled analysis to formulate a survival outcome associated with this rare condition...
- A systematic review of quality of life associated with standard chemotherapy regimens for advanced non-small cell lung cancerTawee Tanvetyanon
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Thorac Oncol 2:1091-7. 2007..We evaluated available literatures to summarize the state of current knowledge and provide suggestions for future studies...
- Beta-carotene in multivitamins and the possible risk of lung cancer among smokers versus former smokers: a meta-analysis and evaluation of national brandsTawee Tanvetyanon
Thoracic Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa FL 33612, USA
Cancer 113:150-7. 2008..In the current study, the authors investigated the risk of lung cancer associated with beta-carotene in smokers or former smokers and surveyed the beta-carotene content in national brand multivitamins...
- Quality-of-care indicators for non-small cell lung cancerTawee Tanvetyanon
Department of Thoracic Oncology, the H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Cancer Control 16:335-41. 2009..To date, the literature on quality-of-care indicators for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) has not been reviewed...
- Clinical efficacy and predictive molecular markers of neoadjuvant gemcitabine and pemetrexed in resectable non-small cell lung cancerGerold Bepler
Program and Department of Thoracic Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Thorac Oncol 3:1112-8. 2008..The goal was to achieve a disease response rate of 50% and to determine if the expression levels of genes associated with GP metabolism are predictive of response...
- Phase II trial of induction gemcitabine and carboplatin followed by conformal thoracic radiation to 74 Gy with weekly paclitaxel and carboplatin in unresectable stage III non-small cell lung cancerGerold Bepler
Department of Thoracic Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:553-8. 2011..A reduction in both local and distant recurrence is needed to improve patients' outcome. Performing molecular studies on serially collected tumor specimens may result in a better selection of therapeutic options...
- Phase I/II study of the Src inhibitor dasatinib in combination with erlotinib in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerEric B Haura
Department of Thoracic Oncology and Biostatistics, Clinical Trials and Clinical Pharmacology Core, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612 9497, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1387-94. 2010....
- Variance of SUVs for FDG-PET/CT is greater in clinical practice than under ideal study settingsVirendra Kumar
Department of Imaging, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612 9416, USA
Clin Nucl Med 38:175-82. 2013..In this study, we measured test-retest reproducibility of SUV measurements under clinical practice conditions and recorded recognized deviations from protocol compliance...
- Outcomes of adrenalectomy for isolated synchronous versus metachronous adrenal metastases in non-small-cell lung cancer: a systematic review and pooled analysisTawee Tanvetyanon
Biostatistics Division, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Dr, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1142-7. 2008..However, some suggest that the survival outcome among patients with a synchronous metastasis is poor. It remains unclear whether this treatment approach is warranted among those with synchronous metastasis...
- Phase 2 study of concurrent cetuximab plus definitive thoracic radiation therapy followed by consolidation docetaxel plus cetuximab in poor prognosis or elderly patients with locally advanced non-small cell lung cancerThomas J Dilling
Department of Radiation Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 90:828-33. 2014..We therefore opened this trial of concurrent definitive thoracic radiation therapy (XRT) and cetuximab, followed by consolidation docetaxel plus cetuximab...
- Feasibility and efficacy of molecular analysis-directed individualized therapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerGeorge Simon
Program and Division of Thoracic Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612 9497, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2741-6. 2007..We hypothesized that selection of double-agent chemotherapy based on tumoral RRM1 and ERCC1 expression would be feasible and beneficial for patients with advanced NSCLC...
- Effect of prophylactic fluconazole on oral mucositis and candidiasis during radiation therapy for head-and-neck cancerNikhil G Rao
Department of Radiation Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida Electronic address
Pract Radiat Oncol 3:229-33. 2013..Prophylactic fluconazole (FCZ) has been shown to reduce the incidence of candidiasis. We report our outcomes of patients with head-and-neck cancer undergoing CRT treated prophylactically with FCZ...
- A phase I, pharmacokinetic, and pharmacodynamic study of panobinostat, an HDAC inhibitor, combined with erlotinib in patients with advanced aerodigestive tract tumorsJhanelle E Gray
Authors Affiliations Departments of Thoracic Oncology, Head and Neck Oncology, and Cutaneous Oncology Chemical Biology and Molecular Medicine Program Clinical Pharmacology Core Biostatistics Core, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan
Clin Cancer Res 20:1644-55. 2014..We evaluated this combination in patients with advanced NSCLC and head and neck cancer...
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy as primary treatment for oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomaJames T May
Head and Neck Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida
Head Neck 35:1796-800. 2013..Over the past decade, intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) has gained widespread use in the treatment of head and neck cancer...
- Effects of self-directed stress management training and home-based exercise on stress management skills in cancer patients receiving chemotherapyKristin M Phillips
Division of Population Science, Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, MRC PSY, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Stress Health 28:368-75. 2012..05). This study provides support for including an exercise component in SM interventions for cancer patients receiving chemotherapy (clinicaltrials.gov identifier: NCT00740038)...
- Physician practice in the discontinuation of statins among patients with advanced lung cancerTawee Tanvetyanon
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Palliat Care 22:281-5. 2006..Statins are effective in reducing events from coronary heart disease and can prolong survival. However, this benefit is controversial when other concurrent serious health problems greatly limit the patient's longevity...
- Prognostic nomogram to predict survival after surgery for synchronous multiple lung cancers in multiple lobesTawee Tanvetyanon
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL Department of Surgery, Memoral Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY Department of Surgery, Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY Thoracic Surgery Department, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France Thoracic Surgery Unit, University Hospital of Siena, Siena, Italy Yedikule Hospital for Chest Disease and Thoracic Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL and Department of Thoracic Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL
J Thorac Oncol 10:338-45. 2015..However, there currently exists no reliable prognostic instrument for this patient population after surgery. We undertook an analysis to examine the prognostic significance of adenocarcinoma histology and developed a prognostic nomogram...
- Long-term efficacy and safety of zoledronic acid in the treatment of skeletal metastases in patients with nonsmall cell lung carcinoma and other solid tumorsTawee Tanvetyanon
Cancer 103:1756-7; author reply 1757-8. 2005
- Severity, risk factors, and physician practices in the management of anemia during concurrent chemoradiation for head and neck carcinomaTawee Tanvetyanon
Hematology and Oncology Section, Edward Hines, Jr Veteran Administration Hospital, Hines, IL 60141, USA
Cancer 106:1554-9. 2006..In the current study, the authors attempted to identify the severity, risk factors, and physician practices in the management of anemia...
- Consideration before administering cytotoxic chemotherapy to the critically illTawee Tanvetyanon
Crit Care Med 33:2689-91. 2005
- Octreotide for bleeding as a result of hepatocellular carcinoma invasion of the gastrointestinal tractTawee Tanvetyanon
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:231-2. 2003
- The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer quality of life questionnaire: translation and reliability study of the Thai versionThitiya Sirisinha
Medical Oncology Unit, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 85:1210-9. 2002..The initial findings of the present study indicate that the Thai version of the EORTC QLQ-C30 is reliable. A validating process of this version is in progress with active patients accrual ongoing at present...
- Hypocalcemia and azotemia associated with zoledronic acid and interferon alfaTawee Tanvetyanon
Division of Hematology Oncology, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL 60153 3304, USA
Ann Pharmacother 38:418-21. 2004..To describe severe hypocalcemia and acute renal failure associated with zoledronic acid and interferon alfa in a patient with metastatic carcinoid tumors...
- HER-2 and fluorescent in situ hybridization to evaluate breast cancerTawee Tanvetyanon
JAMA 292:328; author reply 328-9. 2004
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the lung presenting as a cavitary lesionTawee Tanvetyanon
Department of Medicine, Loyola University Medical Center and Hines Veteran Affair Hospital, Maywood, IL, USA
J Med Assoc Thai 87:988-91. 2004..High-grade mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the lung may present as a cavitary lesion. The presence of M. tuberculosis should not preclude clinicians from pursuing adequate diagnostic procedures for a possible malignant lesion...
- Physician practices of bone density testing and drug prescribing to prevent or treat osteoporosis during androgen deprivation therapyTawee Tanvetyanon
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Cancer 103:237-41. 2005..The practices of interest are the uses of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) scans, bisphosphonates, calcium or vitamin D supplement, calcitonin, or estrogen...
- Re: Long-term efficacy of zoledronic acid for the prevention of skeletal complications in patients with metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancerTawee Tanvetyanon
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:70; author reply 70-1. 2005
- Acute lung injury associated with vinorelbineTawee Tanvetyanon
Division of Hematology Oncology, and Lung Transplantation Program, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1952-3. 2006
- Neoadjuvant therapy: an emerging concept in oncologyTawee Tanvetyanon
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL, USA
South Med J 98:338-44. 2005..To date, the survival benefits of neoadjuvant therapy for resectable non-small cell lung, esophageal, gastric, and prostate cancer remains under investigation...
- Development of malignant mesothelioma during treatment for prolymphocytic leukemia: is asbestos or simian virus 40 a link?Tawee Tanvetyanon
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Anticancer Res 25:429-33. 2005..It seems possible that fludarabine, an immunosuppressive chemotherapy, accelerated the occurrence and progression of malignant mesothelioma during the therapy for his B-PLL...
- Molecular prediction of recurrence of breast cancerTawee Tanvetyanon
N Engl J Med 352:1605-7; author reply 1605-7. 2005
- Treatment of localized lymphomaTawee Tanvetyanon
N Engl J Med 352:2449-51; author reply 2449-51. 2005
- Concurrent administration of interferon alfa-2b and beta-1aTawee Tanvetyanon
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:77-9. 2003..To describe the concurrent use of interferon (IFN) alfa and beta in a patient with multiple sclerosis (MS) and chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)...