Affiliation: H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- Pidala J, Kim J, Betts B, Alsina M, Ayala E, Fernandez H, et al. Ofatumumab in combination with glucocorticoids for primary therapy of chronic graft-versus-host disease: phase I trial results. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2015;21:1074-82 pubmed publisher..Ofatumumab in combination with prednisone is safe and a phase II examination of efficacy is ongoing. ..
- Pidala J, Kim J, Kharfan Dabaja M, Nishihori T, Field T, Perkins J, et al. Dysglycemia following glucocorticoid therapy for acute graft-versus-host disease adversely affects transplantation outcomes. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2011;17:239-48 pubmed publisher..These data suggest an independent adverse effect of dysglycemia in patients treated with glucocorticoids for aGVHD, and argue for stringent glycemic control in this setting...
- Pidala J, Kim J, Anasetti C, Kharfan Dabaja M, Field T, Perkins J, et al. Targeted i.v. BU and fludarabine (t-i.v. BU/Flu) provides effective control of AML in adults with reduced toxicity. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2011;46:641-9 pubmed publisher..Importantly, there was no effect of age. t-i.v. BU/Flu provides effective disease control with encouraging NRM in patients up to age of 70 years...
- Pidala J, Kim J, Anasetti C, Kharfan Dabaja M, Nishihori T, Field T, et al. Pharmacokinetic targeting of intravenous busulfan reduces conditioning regimen related toxicity following allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for acute myelogenous leukemia. J Hematol Oncol. 2010;3:36 pubmed publisher..However, multivariable analysis did not demonstrate significant differences in overall survival (p = 0.78) or non-relapse mortality (p = 0.6) according to conditioning regimen delivered...
- Pidala J, Kim J, Anasetti C, Nishihori T, Betts B, Field T, et al. The global severity of chronic graft-versus-host disease, determined by National Institutes of Health consensus criteria, is associated with overall survival and non-relapse mortality. Haematologica. 2011;96:1678-84 pubmed publisher..Clinical and research advances are needed to improve the outcomes of affected patients. ..
- Pidala J, Kim J, Roman Diaz J, Shapiro J, Nishihori T, Bookout R, et al. Pentostatin as rescue therapy for glucocorticoid-refractory acute and chronic graft-versus-host disease. Ann Transplant. 2010;15:21-9 pubmed..Median OS was 5 months (95% CI: 1.6 - NR). Allowing for the utilization of additional immune suppressive agents, this series suggests the activity of pentostatin as rescue therapy of refractory GVHD. ..
- Pidala J, Tomblyn M, Nishihori T, Ayala E, Field T, Fernandez H, et al. ATG prevents severe acute graft-versus-host disease in mismatched unrelated donor hematopoietic cell transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2011;17:1237-44 pubmed publisher..A regimen of ATG 7.5 mg/kg total ending on day -1 effectively decreased the occurrence of grade III-IV aGVHD and severe chronic GVHD. ..
- Pidala J. Graft-vs-host disease following allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Cancer Control. 2011;18:268-76 pubmed....
- Pidala J, Kim J, Jim H, Kharfan Dabaja M, Nishihori T, Fernandez H, et al. A randomized phase II study to evaluate tacrolimus in combination with sirolimus or methotrexate after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Haematologica. 2012;97:1882-9 pubmed publisher....
- Khoury H, Wang T, Hemmer M, Couriel D, Alousi A, Cutler C, et al. Improved survival after acute graft-versus-host disease diagnosis in the modern era. Haematologica. 2017;102:958-966 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, survival has improved over time for tacrolimus-treated transplant recipients with acute graft-versus-host disease. ..
- Pidala J, Beato F, Kim J, Betts B, Jim H, Sagatys E, et al. In vivo IL-12/IL-23p40 neutralization blocks Th1/Th17 response after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Haematologica. 2018;103:531-539 pubmed publisher..Trial registered at clinicaltrials.gov identifier: 01713400). ..