Affiliation: H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- Development of a cancer camp for adult Spanish-speaking survivors: lessons learned from Camp AlegriaDinorah Martinez
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Cancer Educ 23:4-9. 2008..The serious psychosocial and emotional side effects of cancer and its treatment negatively affect the lives of breast cancer survivors...
- Looking under the Hispanic umbrella: cancer mortality among Cubans, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and other Hispanics in FloridaDinorah Martinez-Tyson
Health Outcomes and Behavior, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, FOW EDU, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612 9497, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 11:249-57. 2009....
- Creating community-academic partnerships for cancer disparities research and health promotionCathy D Meade
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Drive, FOW EDU, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Health Promot Pract 12:456-62. 2011..This article describes these activities as examples of partnership building to positively affect cancer disparities, promote community health, and set the stage for community-based research partnerships...
- Advance care planning among Colombian, Mexican, and Puerto Rican women with a cancer diagnosisIraida V Carrion
School of Social Work, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612 3807, USA
Support Care Cancer 21:1233-9. 2013..The purpose of the study is to identify factors that facilitated the completion of ACP and decisions making patterns among the three groups of Latinas...
- Creating a patient navigation model to address cervical cancer disparities in a rural Hispanic farmworker communityKristen J Wells
University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC 27, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:1712-8. 2012..The PN program has resulted in the need for additional clinic sessions to accommodate the demand for preventive care at CMMS...
- Barriers impeding access to primary oral health care among farmworker families in Central FloridaIraida V Carrion
School of Social Work, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33620 6600, USA
Soc Work Health Care 50:828-44. 2011..This study highlights the inconsistent and inadequate patterns of dental health care services available for women, men, and children of farmworkers in Central Florida...
- Do Latino and non-Latino White Medicaid-enrolled adults differ in utilization of evidence-based treatment for major depressive disorder?Marion A Becker
Department of Aging and Mental Health Disparities, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612 3807, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 13:1048-54. 2011..Policies and practices targeted at increasing adherence to approved guidelines and improving treatment outcomes are recommended...
- Strategies for assessing community challenges and strengths for cancer disparities participatory research and outreachClement K Gwede
Moffitt Cancer Center and University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Health Promot Pract 11:876-87. 2010..The TBCCN is one of 25 programs nationwide addressing cancer disparities through sustainable community-based participatory research, outreach, and screening activities...