Larry K Kvols
Affiliation: H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- Pasireotide (SOM230) shows efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of patients with advanced neuroendocrine tumors refractory or resistant to octreotide LAR: results from a phase II studyLarry K Kvols
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 19:657-66. 2012..Pasireotide 600-900 μg s.c. bid was effective and generally well tolerated in controlling the symptoms of carcinoid syndrome in 27% of patients with advanced NET refractory or resistant to octreotide LAR therapy...
- External beam irradiation of myocardial carcinoid metastases: a case reportJonathan Strosberg
H, Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Med Case Reports 1:95. 2007..To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of metastatic cardiac carcinoid treated with external beam irradiation...
- Evolving diagnostic and treatment strategies for pancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsMatthew H Kulke
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston MA, USA
J Hematol Oncol 4:29. 2011....
- Role of interventional radiology in the treatment of patients with neuroendocrine metastases in the liverLarry K Kvols
Neuroendocrine Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 7:765-72. 2009..In this article, the authors examine important techniques in the armamentarium of the interventional radiologist...
- Palladin is a marker of liver metastasis in primary pancreatic endocrine carcinomasEvita B Henderson-Jackson
Department of Pathology, Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida, USA
Anticancer Res 31:2957-62. 2011..Palladin is a metastasis-associated gene regulating cell motility. The expression of palladin protein in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (PET) and carcinomas (PECA) is not known...
- Prognostic validity of the American Joint Committee on Cancer staging classification for midgut neuroendocrine tumorsJonathan R Strosberg
Department of GI Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:420-5. 2013..This classification has not been validated in a population consisting solely of midgut NETs. The purpose of this study was to test the prognostic validity of the classification in such a population...
- Relapse-free survival in patients with nonmetastatic, surgically resected pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: an analysis of the AJCC and ENETS staging classificationsJonathan R Strosberg
Department of GI Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Ann Surg 256:321-5. 2012....
- Multimodality management of a polyfunctional pancreatic endocrine carcinoma with markedly elevated serum vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and calcitonin levelsAejaz Nasir
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, Neuroendocrine Cancer Research Group, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Pancreas 36:309-13. 2008..In summary, this is a unique case of metastatic VIP- and calcitonin-secreting pancreatic ECA with dramatic sustained clinical, biochemical, and objective tumor response to peptide receptor radionuclide therapy...
- Selective hepatic artery embolization for treatment of patients with metastatic carcinoid and pancreatic endocrine tumorsJonathan R Strosberg
Hematology Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612 9497, USA
Cancer Control 13:72-8. 2006..Several reviews have suggested that hepatic artery embolization, with or without intraarterial chemotherapy, can be used for control of symptoms and for cytoreduction in patients with liver dominant metastases...
- A review of systemic and liver-directed therapies for metastatic neuroendocrine tumors of the gastroenteropancreatic tractJonathan R Strosberg
Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 18:127-37. 2011..New evidence demonstrates that these agents can also inhibit tumor growth. Other novel agents targeting the VEGF and mTOR pathways have recently been investigated in multicenter phase III studies...
- Revisiting C.G. Moertel's land of small tumorsLarry K Kvols
Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5005-7. 2008
- Improved outcome with cytoreduction versus embolization for symptomatic hepatic metastases of carcinoid and neuroendocrine tumorsDana A Osborne
Digestive Disorders Center, Tampa General Hospital, 1 Davis Island, Tampa, Florida 33601, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:572-81. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine whether cytoreduction provides any benefit over embolic management of diffuse neuroendocrine tumors...
- A review of the current clinical trials for gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumoursJonathan R Strosberg
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 16:219-24. 2007..This review summarises the present scope of clinical research in this field...
- Outcomes following resection of pancreatic adenocarcinoma: 20-year experience at a single institutionJames F Helm
Gastrointestinal Tumor Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 15:288-94. 2008....
- Prognostic validity of a novel American Joint Committee on Cancer Staging Classification for pancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsJonathan R Strosberg
Moffitt Cancer Center, 12902 Magnolia Dr, Tampa, FL, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:3044-9. 2011..This classification has not yet been validated...
- RUNX1T1: a novel predictor of liver metastasis in primary pancreatic endocrine neoplasmsAejaz Nasir
Department of Pathology, Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
Pancreas 40:627-33. 2011....
- Aggressive surgical resection in the management of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: when is it indicated?Pamela J Hodul
Gastrointestinal Tumor Program, Departmentsof Surgery, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 15:314-21. 2008..This paper discusses whether aggressive surgical intervention is indicated for PNETs and investigates what prognostic factors may assist in predicting which patients with invasive disease will benefit most from surgical intervention...
- Intermittent bowel obstruction due to a retained wireless capsule endoscope in a patient with a small bowel carcinoid tumourJonathan R Strosberg
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Can J Gastroenterol 21:113-5. 2007..To the authors' knowledge, this is the first case presentation of chronic, partial small bowel obstruction caused by unrecognized retention of a capsule endoscope...
- Somatostatin receptor profiling in hepatic metastases from small intestinal and pancreatic neuroendocrine neoplasms: immunohistochemical approach with potential clinical utilityAejaz Nasir
Gastrointestinal Tumor Program, Neuroendocrine Cancer Research, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612 9497, USA
Cancer Control 13:52-60. 2006..In patients with SSTR-negative ETs, the clinical response is generally absent or suboptimal, while nonfunctioning ETs with SSTR positivity show a variable response to such therapy...
- Role of somatostatin analogs in the clinical management of non-neuroendocrine solid tumorsLarry K Kvols
Inter Disciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Anticancer Drugs 17:601-8. 2006....
- The NANETS consensus guidelines for the diagnosis and management of poorly differentiated (high-grade) extrapulmonary neuroendocrine carcinomasJonathan R Strosberg
Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
Pancreas 39:799-800. 2010..In patients with localized tumors undergoing surgical resection, adjuvant treatment (chemotherapy with or without radiation) is warranted in most cases...
- Radiation sensitizers: a selective review of molecules targeting DNA and non-DNA targetsLarry K Kvols
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33615, USA
J Nucl Med 46:187S-90S. 2005..This is an exciting time in clinical oncology research, because we have a plethora of new molecules to evaluate...