Affiliation: H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- A changing world for DCvax: a PSMA loaded autologous dendritic cell vaccine for prostate cancerMayer Fishman
Moffitt Cancer Center, Department of Genitourinary Oncology, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 9:1565-75. 2009..More recently DCvax brain, a product using a similar DC platform showed encouraging Phase I-II results and sipleucel-T, a prostatic acid phosphatase (PAP)-directed DC immunotherapy had positive Phase III results...
- Phase I trial of ALT-801, an interleukin-2/T-cell receptor fusion protein targeting p53 (aa264-272)/HLA-A*0201 complex, in patients with advanced malignanciesMayer N Fishman
Departments of Genitourinary Oncology and Cutaneous Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:7765-75. 2011..We evaluated the safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of ALT-801 in p53+/HLA-A*0201 patients with metastatic malignancies...
- Changes in dendritic cell phenotype after a new high-dose weekly schedule of interleukin-2 therapy for kidney cancer and melanomaSteven E Finkelstein
Immunotherapy Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Immunother 33:817-27. 2010..Pretreatment assessment of DC phenotypic or maturational status may be a starting point to predicting response to high-dose IL-2 cytokine immunotherapy in patients with melanoma and kidney cancer...
- Lipid accumulation and dendritic cell dysfunction in cancerDonna L Herber
Department of Immunology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, USA
Nat Med 16:880-6. 2010..These findings suggest that immune responses in cancer can be improved by manipulating the lipid levels in DCs...
- Phase II trial of B7-1 (CD-86) transduced, cultured autologous tumor cell vaccine plus subcutaneous interleukin-2 for treatment of stage IV renal cell carcinomaMayer Fishman
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Immunother 31:72-80. 2008..Better outcomes could be logically associated to vaccine response (detectable lymphocytic infiltrates) or to random events that a single arm study design cannot address. This vaccine approach may merit further clinical development...
- Cellular immunotherapy for soft tissue sarcomasSteven Eric Finkelstein
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Immunotherapy 4:283-90. 2012..In this report, we review immunotherapeutic investigative strategies that are being developed, including several tumor vaccine, antigen vaccine and dendritic cell vaccine strategies...
- Specific antitumour vaccine for renal cancerMayer Fishman
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Lancet 363:583-4. 2004
- Anti-inflammatory triterpenoid blocks immune suppressive function of MDSCs and improves immune response in cancerSrinivas Nagaraj
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida 33647, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:1812-23. 2010..Myeloid-derived suppressor cells (MDSC) are one of the major factors responsible for immune suppression in cancer. Therefore, it would be important to identify effective therapeutic means to modulate these cells...
- Sipuleucel-T: Prototype for development of anti-tumor vaccinesEstrella Carballido
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 13:112-9. 2011..We discuss how this successful immunotherapy outcome challenges us to use it as a starting point for variations to or try to amplify practical anticancer progress within the antitumor vaccine paradigm...
- Mechanism of all-trans retinoic acid effect on tumor-associated myeloid-derived suppressor cellsYulia Nefedova
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Cancer Res 67:11021-8. 2007..This novel mechanism involves specific up-regulation of GSS and accumulation of GSH and could be used in developing and monitoring therapeutic application of ATRA...
- Phase I trial of histone deacetylase inhibition by valproic acid followed by the topoisomerase II inhibitor epirubicin in advanced solid tumors: a clinical and translational studyPamela Munster
Experimental Therapeutics, Breast Medical Oncology Program, Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1979-85. 2007....
- Epigenetic silencing of retinoblastoma gene regulates pathologic differentiation of myeloid cells in cancerJe In Youn
Departments of Immunology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida, USA
Nat Immunol 14:211-20. 2013..These data demonstrate a new regulatory mechanism of myeloid cells in cancer...
- All-trans-retinoic acid improves differentiation of myeloid cells and immune response in cancer patientsNoweeda Mirza
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and the Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Cancer Res 66:9299-307. 2006..ATRA treatment did not result in significant toxicity and it could be tested in therapeutic combination with cancer vaccines...
- Progress and contrasts of the development of tivozanib for therapy of kidney cancerShilpa Gupta
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 12:2915-22. 2011..This may offer more effective, yet well-tolerated treatment options. The relative clinical and market relevance remain to be seen, both for RCC therapy and other tumor types...
- Sequential oral 9-nitrocamptothecin and etoposide: a pharmacodynamic- and pharmacokinetic-based phase I trialGeorge R Simon
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Drive, SRB-2, Tampa, 33612-9416, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:2130-7. 2006..However, peripheral blood mononuclear cells may not be a predictive biological surrogate for drug-induced modulation of topo levels in tumor tissues and should be further explored in larger studies...
- Novel therapies for renal cell carcinoma--an updateMayer Fishman
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, MCC 4035, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 12:593-609. 2003..Although high percentage improvements in outcomes for metastatic RCC are not yet realised, the many fronts for scientific and clinical advances form some basis for optimism in the coming years...
- Immunotherapy of metastatic renal cell cancerMayer Fishman
Genitourinary Oncology Program, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 9:293-304. 2002..Translation of laboratory findings into the clinic will be facilitated by the presence of an already well-developed infrastructure for the performance of clinical trials for patients with this difficult diagnosis...
- Surgery plus targeted therapy for renal cell carcinoma with isolated spermatic cord metastasisJose J Correa
Department of Urologic Oncology and Genitourinary Medical Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Center, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 7:E101-3. 2009..We present a case of renal cell carcinoma with metastasis to the ipsilateral spermatic cord. We report the clinical presentation and management of this case and review the scientific literature of this unusual case presentation...
- Sipuleucel-T for therapy of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic, castrate-refractory prostate cancer: an update and perspective among other treatmentsShilpa Gupta
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
Onco Targets Ther 4:79-96. 2011..Sipuleucel-T therapy is appraised from clinician, patient and immunotherapeutic perspectives, with reference to the clinical data from the pivotal trial, the mechanism of action, and the treatment process...
- Increased bioavailability of intravenous versus oral CI-1033, a pan erbB tyrosine kinase inhibitor: results of a phase I pharmacokinetic studyGeorge R Simon
Division of Thoracic Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4645-51. 2006..In phase I studies with oral CI-1033, dose-limiting toxicities were primarily gastrointestinal, supporting the exploration of i.v. dosing to achieve optimal drug exposures by increasing bioavailability...
- Phase I Study of ALT-801 in Metastatic Melanoma/Kidney Cancer PatientsMayer Fishman; Fiscal Year: 2009....