Pearlie K Epling Burnette
Affiliation: H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- Emerging immunosuppressive drugs in myelodysplastic syndromesPearlie K Epling-Burnette
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Immunology Department, SRB 23033, 12902 Magnolia Dr, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 17:519-41. 2012..An immune-mediated mechanism is likely to contribute to MDS early after diagnosis. New approaches that interfere with inflammatory pathways in the bone marrow microenvironment may move closer toward sustained disease control in MDS...
- Prevalence and clinical association of clonal T-cell expansions in Myelodysplastic SyndromeP K Epling-Burnette
Immunology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Leukemia 21:659-67. 2007..Expanded effector T cell were CD62L negative and expressed the natural killer C-lectin-family receptor NKG2D and CD244 (2B4). We conclude that clonal T-cell expansion is common among all MDS prognostic subgroups...
- Reduced natural killer (NK) function associated with high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and reduced expression of activating NK receptorsPearlie K Epling-Burnette
Immunology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, MRC 3 West, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Blood 109:4816-24. 2007..Evasion of NK immunosurveillance may have importance for MDS disease progression...
- Clinical improvement by farnesyltransferase inhibition in NK large granular lymphocyte leukemia associated with imbalanced NK receptor signalingP K Epling-Burnette
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute Immunology Program, James A Haley Veterans Administration Hospital, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Blood 112:4694-8. 2008..Coincidental association between PAH and LGL leukemia suggest a causal relationship between the expanded lymphocyte population and these clinical manifestations. This trial is registered at www.ClinicalTrials.gov as NCI 6823...
- Advancements in the molecular pathogenesis of myelodysplastic syndromePearlie K Epling-Burnette
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center Immunology Program, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 16:70-6. 2009..The importance of new advances in myelodysplastic syndrome will be discussed in this review...
- ERK couples chronic survival of NK cells to constitutively activated Ras in lymphoproliferative disease of granular lymphocytes (LDGL)Pearlie K Epling-Burnette
Hematologic Malignancies, Programs from the Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Oncogene 23:9220-9. 2004..These findings suggest that strategies to inhibit this signaling pathway may be useful for the treatment of the NK type of LDGL...
- A critical role for DAP10 and DAP12 in CD8+ T cell-mediated tissue damage in large granular lymphocyte leukemiaXianghong Chen
Immunology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Blood 113:3226-34. 2009..Results shown suggest that inhibitors of DAP10 and DAP12 or other proteins involved in this signaling pathway will be attractive therapeutic targets for the treatment of LGLL and other autoimmune diseases and syndromes...
- Suppression of farnesyltransferase activity in acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome: current understanding and recommended use of tipifarnibPearlie K Epling-Burnette
Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL 33647, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 19:689-98. 2010..Of all the targeted inhibitors developed, tipifarnib represents one of the few compounds with some activity as a single agent...
- TARGETED DRUG THERAPY FOR LGL LEUKEMIAPearlie K Epling Burnette; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results of these studies should identify important molecular targets for drug development in bone marrow failure syndromes. ..
- Modulation of T cell Homeostasis in Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)Pearlie K Epling Burnette; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Modulation of T cell Homeostasis in Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)Javier Pinilla; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mechanistic studies will aide our understanding of T-cell immunity and improve our ability to utilize this form of immunotherapy and other forms for the treatment of cancer in general. ..