- Spinal cord injury providers' perceptions of barriers to implementing selected clinical practice guideline recommendationsMarylou Guihan
Midwest Center for Health Services and Policy Research, Edward Hines, Jr, Veterans Administration Hospital, Hines, Illinois 60141, USA
J Spinal Cord Med 26:48-58. 2003....
- Nursing facilities and managed careM Guihan
Institute for Health Services Research and Policy Studies, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
Am J Manag Care 5:737-46. 1999..To examine the extent to which Illinois nursing facilities have developed relationships with other healthcare providers, particularly managed care organizations (MCOs)...
- SCI health care provider attitudes about pressure ulcer managementMarylou Guihan
Midwest Center for Health Services and Policy Research, Edward Hines, Jr, VA Hospital, Hines, Illinois 60141, USA
J Spinal Cord Med 26:129-34. 2003..To evaluate the variability in clinical decisions about pressure ulcer management for persons with spinal cord injury (SCI) and expand understanding of the various factors influencing variability...
- Implementing evidence-based patient self-management programs in the Veterans Health Administration: perspectives on delivery system design considerationsT M Damush
Richard L Roudebush VAMC, VA Stroke QUERI Center and HSRD COE, Indiana University Dept of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Inc, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:68-71. 2010....
- Department of Veterans Affairs Quality Enhancement Research Initiative for spinal cord injuryF M Weaver
Midwest Center for Health Services and Policy Research, Hines VA Hospital, and Institute for Health Services Research and Policy Studies, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
Med Care 38:I82-91. 2000....
- Implementation of clinical practice guidelines for prevention of thromboembolism in spinal cord injuryStephen P Burns
Spinal Cord Injury Service 128, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, 1660 S Columbian Way, Seattle WA 98108, USA
J Spinal Cord Med 28:33-42. 2005....
- Factors predicting pressure ulcers in veterans with spinal cord injuriesBridget M Smith
Center for Management of Complex Chronic Care and Spinal Cord Injury Quality Enhancement Research Initiative, Department of Veterans Affairs, Edward Hines Jr VA Hospital, Hines, Illinois 60141, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 87:750-7. 2008..To identify patient risk factors for pressure ulcers in a sample of veterans with spinal cord injuries and disorders...
- Lessons learned while conducting research on prevention of pressure ulcers in veterans with spinal cord injuryMarylou Guihan
VA Spinal Cord Injury Quality Enhancement Research Initiative, Center for Management of Complex Chronic Care, Edward Hines Jr VA Hospital, Hines, IL 60141, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 88:858-61. 2007..To describe the challenges of conducting a large randomized controlled trial (RCT) to assess the effectiveness of an intervention to prevent recurrent pressure ulcers among a high-risk population of subjects with spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- Prospects and pitfalls: use of the RAI-HC assessment by the Department of Veterans Affairs for home care clientsCatherine Hawes
Department of Health Policy and Management, School of Rural Public Health, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College Station, TX 77843 1266, USA
Gerontologist 47:378-87. 2007..The purpose of this article is to describe the RAI-HC (often referred to as the Minimum Data Set-Home Care or MDS-HC) and its uses and offer lessons learned from implementation experiences in other settings...
- Characteristics of residents and providers in the assisted living pilot programSusan Hedrick
Health Services Research and Development, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, 1100 Olive Way, Suite 1400, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Gerontologist 47:365-77. 2007..We describe the residents and providers, comparing them across three facility types and other populations, to assess the characteristics and feasibility of this new approach...
- Measuring resident and family member determinants of satisfaction with assisted livingPerry Edelman
Mather LifeWays Institute on Aging, 1603 Orrington Avenue, Suite 1800, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Gerontologist 46:599-608. 2006..This study developed measures of satisfaction with assisted living from residents' and family members' perspectives...
- Provider dilemmas with relocation in assisted living: philosophy vs. practiceDonna J Munroe
North Illinois University, 1240 Normal Rd, DeKalb, IL 60115, USA
J Aging Soc Policy 17:19-37. 2005..These findings raise questions for consideration in all states confronted with implementing the philosophy and intent of AL...
- Provider adherence to implementation of clinical practice guidelines for neurogenic bowel in adults with spinal cord injuryLance L Goetz
Spinal Cord Injury Service, Veterans Affairs North Texas Health Care System and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75216, USA
J Spinal Cord Med 28:394-406. 2005..Specifically, this study addressed the "Neurogenic Bowel Management in Adults with Spinal Cord Injury" Clinical Practice Guideline published in March 1998 by the Consortium for Spinal Cord Medicine..
- The role of formative evaluation in implementation research and the QUERI experienceCheryl B Stetler
J Gen Intern Med 21:S1-8. 2006..This article also provides methodologic details and highlights challenges encountered in actualizing formative evaluation within implementation research...