Robert B Penfold
Affiliation: Group Health Cooperative
- Use of antipsychotic medications in pediatric populations: what do the data say?Robert B Penfold
Group Health Research Institute, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, 98101, WA, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 15:426. 2013..Differences in estimates are likely a function of differences in methodology; however, there is remarkable consistency in estimates of use by diagnosis. ..
- Use of interrupted time series analysis in evaluating health care quality improvementsRobert B Penfold
Group Health Research Institute and the Department of Health Services Research, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash Electronic address
Acad Pediatr 13:S38-44. 2013..An example of the database needed to conduct an ITS is provided, as well as SAS code to implement a difference-in-differences model using preschool-age children in California as a comparison group. ..
- Heterogeneity in aripiprazole diffusion for bipolar disorder treatment in the Veterans Health AdministrationRobert B Penfold
Group Health Research Institute, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:1178-85. 2012..S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory approval regarding changes in aripiprazole prescribing rates for treating bipolar disorder and to identify system-level covariates associated with faster regional uptake of aripiprazole...
- Reliability of a patient survey assessing cost-related changes in health care use among high deductible health plan enrolleesRobert B Penfold
Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, Boston, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 11:133. 2011..Despite the widespread use of survey questions to measure changes in health care use and related behaviors, scant data exists on the reliability of such questions...
- Changes in antidepressant use by young people and suicidal behavior after FDA warnings and media coverage: quasi-experimental studyChristine Y Lu
Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, Boston, MA, USA
BMJ 348:g3596. 2014....
- Changes in VA psychiatrists' attitudes about work environment and turnover during mental health service enhancementDavid C Mohr
Center for Organization, Leadership, and Management Research, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:563-9. 2013..The study examined whether psychiatrists' work satisfaction and work environment perceptions changed during a period of transformation. Facility-level turnover rate was also examined...
- Effects of diagnostic inclusion criteria on prevalence and population characteristics in database researchMark S Bauer
Dr Bauer is with the Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research, Department of Veterans Affairs VA, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, and with the Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston e mail Dr Lee is with the Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston Dr Miller is with Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research and Dr Bajor is with the Center for Organization, Leadership, and Management Research, both at VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston Dr Bajor is also with the Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston Dr Li is with the Department of Mathematical Sciences, Bentley University, Waltham, Massachusetts Dr Penfold is with the Department of Health Services Research, Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington
Psychiatr Serv 66:141-8. 2015..However, no studies have examined the effect of diagnostic inclusion criteria on prevalence and population characteristics across such groups...
- Pediatric uptake of a newly available antipsychotic medicationRobert B Penfold
Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare Institute, Department of Population Medicine, 133 Brookline Ave, 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Pediatrics 125:475-82. 2010..The objective of this study was to determine the pattern of initiation and switching for off-label use of ziprasidone among Michigan children who were insured by Medicaid in the first year that ziprasidone was available...