DAVID ERIC ARTERBURN
Affiliation: Group Health Cooperative
- Validity of clinical body weight measures as substitutes for missing data in a randomized trialDavid Arterburn
Group Health Center for Health Studies, Seattle, WA, USA Electronic
Obes Res Clin Pract 2:I-II. 2008....
- Comparative effectiveness of bariatric surgery vs. nonsurgical treatment of type 2 diabetes among severely obese adultsDavid Arterburn
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, WA, United States Electronic
Obes Res Clin Pract 7:e258-68. 2013..22-1.30). We conclude that bariatric surgery can effectively induce remission of diabetes among most severely obese adults, and this treatment approach appears to be superior to nonsurgical treatment in inducing diabetes remission...
- Predictors of initial weight loss after gastric bypass surgery in twelve Veterans Affairs Medical CentersDavid Arterburn
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Washington, United States Electronic
Obes Res Clin Pract 7:e367-76. 2013..01) or Caucasian (OR = 2.3, p < 0.01). We conclude that gastric bypass surgery yields significant weight loss for most patients in Veterans Affairs Medical Centers, but is particularly effective for female and Caucasian patients...
- A population-based, shared decision-making approach to recruit for a randomized trial of bariatric surgery versus lifestyle for type 2 diabetesDavid Arterburn
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington Electronic address
Surg Obes Relat Dis 9:837-44. 2013....
- Weight control practices of severely obese patients who are not seeking bariatric surgeryDavid Arterburn
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, WA, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:1509-13. 2013..We sought to better understand why so few severely obese patients undergo bariatric surgery in the United States...
- A multisite study of long-term remission and relapse of type 2 diabetes mellitus following gastric bypassDavid E Arterburn
Group Health Research Institute, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Obes Surg 23:93-102. 2013..The goal of this study was to examine the long-term rates and clinical predictors of diabetes remission and relapse among patients undergoing gastric bypass...
- Introducing decision aids at Group Health was linked to sharply lower hip and knee surgery rates and costsDavid Arterburn
Group Health Research Institute, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:2094-104. 2012....
- Examining the BMI-mortality relationship using fractional polynomialsEdwin S Wong
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:175. 2011..This approach was then compared against other commonly used regression models...
- Randomized trial of a video-based patient decision aid for bariatric surgeryDavid E Arterburn
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:1669-75. 2011..The video-based decision aid appeared to have a greater impact than the educational booklet on patient knowledge, decisional conflict, and outcome expectancies...
- Body mass index measurement and obesity prevalence in ten U.S. health plansDavid E Arterburn
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Clin Med Res 8:126-30. 2010..S. health plans to annually report the frequency of BMI and BMI percentile measurement among all adults and children who had at least one outpatient visit during the past two years...
- Insurance coverage and incentives for weight loss among adults with metabolic syndromeDavid Arterburn
Group Health Center for Health Studies, Seattle, Washington, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:70-6. 2008..To describe how insured adults with metabolic syndrome respond to various options for insurance coverage and financial incentives for weight management...
- Change in predicted 10-year cardiovascular risk following laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgeryDavid Arterburn
Group Health Center for Health Studies, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Obes Surg 19:184-9. 2009..The goal of this study was to quantify the change in predicted 10-year cardiovascular risk following laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LRYGBP)...
- Breast and cervical cancer screening specific effects of depression and obesityEvette J Ludman
Group Health Research Institute, 1730 Minor Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Am J Prev Med 38:303-10. 2010..Obesity and depression may each be associated with lower rates of cervical and breast cancer screening. Studies have examined obesity or depression alone, but not together, despite the established link between them...
- Spatial cluster detection for weighted outcomes using cumulative geographic residualsAndrea J Cook
Biostatistics Unit, Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Biometrics 66:783-92. 2010..The proposed method is then applied to assess spatial clustering of high Body Mass Index in a health maintenance organization population in the Seattle, Washington, USA area...
- Does depression reduce the effectiveness of behavioral weight loss treatment?Evette Ludman
Group Health Research Institute, Group Health Cooperative, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Behav Med 35:126-34. 2010..Results suggest that depression should not be an exclusion criterion for weight loss intervention programs...
- Association between change in depression and change in weight among women enrolled in weight loss treatmentGregory E Simon
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 32:583-9. 2010..To examine the association between improvement in depression and loss of weight among women with depressive symptoms entering a behavioral weight loss program...
- Predictors of long-term mortality after bariatric surgery performed in Veterans Affairs medical centersDavid Arterburn
Group Health Center for Health Studies and Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Arch Surg 144:914-20. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine patient factors associated with mortality among veterans who undergo bariatric surgery...
- ObesityDavid Arterburn
VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Department of Veterans Affairs, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am Fam Physician 66:1279-80. 2002
- Perceived barriers to weight management in primary care--perspectives of patients and providersAlicia R Ruelaz
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:518-22. 2007..Despite the consequences of overweight and obesity, effective weight management is not occurring in primary care...
- National Surgical Quality Improvement Program analysis of bariatric operations: modifiable risk factors contribute to bariatric surgical adverse outcomesEdward H Livingston
Veterans Administration North Texas Health Care System and the Division of Gastrointestinal and Endocrine Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern School of Medicine, Dallas, TX 75390 9156, USA
J Am Coll Surg 203:625-33. 2006..We sought to identify risk factors for surgical complications in a large, nationally representative population of US veterans...
- The BBC diet trialsDavid Arterburn
BMJ 332:1284-5. 2006
- Meta-analysis: pharmacologic treatment of obesityZhaoping Li
Southern California Evidence Based Practice Center, RAND Health Division, Santa Monica 90407, USA
Ann Intern Med 142:532-46. 2005..In response to the increase in obesity, pharmacologic treatments for weight loss have become more numerous and more commonly used...
- Antidepressant Treatment and Risk of ObesityDavid Arterburn; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our specific aims will integrate the disciplines of psychiatry, pharmacoepidemiology, primary care, biostatistics, and health services research to comprehensively address the relationship between obesity and depression care. ..
- Antidepressant Treatment and Risk of ObesityDAVID ERIC ARTERBURN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our specific aims will integrate the disciplines of psychiatry, pharmacoepidemiology, primary care, biostatistics, and health services research to comprehensively address the relationship between obesity and depression care. ..