Ruth Elaine Graves
Affiliation: Howard University
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Please include the article below listed as Elaine Graves.
I have also included the PUB MED listing number.
Thank you kindly.
R. Elaine Graves
Tanya N. Alim, Elaine Graves, Thomas A. Mellman, Notalelomwan Aigbogun, Ekwenzi Gray, William Lawson, and Dennis S. Charney. Trauma exposure, posttraumatic stress disorder and depression in an African-American primary care population.J Natl Med Assoc. 2006 October; 98(10): 1630
- Trauma exposure, posttraumatic stress disorder and depression in an African-American primary care populationTanya N Alim
Department of Psychiatry, Howard University, Washington, DC 20060, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:1630-6. 2006..African Americans are more likely to seek treatment for psychiatric disorders in a primary care setting. Our study evaluated trauma exposure, PTSD and major depression in African Americans attending primary care offices...
- Sleep paralysis and trauma, psychiatric symptoms and disorders in an adult African American population attending primary medical careThomas A Mellman
Department ofPsychiatry, Howard University Mental Health Clinic, 530 College St, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:435-40. 2008..Our findings suggest that SP is not uncommon in adult African Americans and is associated with trauma and concurrent distress but not with a specific psychiatric diagnosis...
- Trauma, resilience, and recovery in a high-risk African-American populationTanya N Alim
Department of Psychiatry, Howard University, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:1566-75. 2008....
- Psychophysiological evaluation of stigma towards schizophreniaRuth Elaine Graves
Department of Psychiatry, Howard University, Suite 5B02, 2041 Georgia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20060, USA
Schizophr Res 76:317-27. 2005..The findings suggest that one reason why individuals avoid individuals with mental illness is physiological arousal, which is likely experienced as negative...
- Diagnosing bipolar disorder in trauma exposed primary care patientsRuth Elaine Graves
Howard University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20011, USA
Bipolar Disord 9:318-23. 2007..The current study is an examination of the usefulness of this instrument in a trauma exposed subgroup of mainly African American patients attending primary care clinics...
- Natural contact and stigma towards schizophrenia in African Americans: is perceived dangerousness a threat or challenge response?Ruth Elaine Graves
Howard University Hospital, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Washington, DC 20001, United States
Schizophr Res 130:271-6. 2011..This finding suggests the higher dangerousness ratings of the mentally ill sometimes found in African American samples may be related to factors other than direct threat...
- PTSD treatment of African American adults in primary care: the gap between current practice and evidence-based treatment guidelinesRuth Elaine Graves
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Howard University, Washington, DC 20060, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 103:585-93. 2011..This study is an examination of PTSD treatment of African Americans in the primary care setting. Actual treatment provision is contrasted with existing evidence-based PTSD treatment guidelines...