David P Graham
- Serotonin transporter genotype and mild traumatic brain injury independently influence resilience and perception of limitations in veteransDavid P Graham
Neurorehabilitation Neurons to Networks Traumatic Brain Injury Center of Excellence, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs VA Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Psychiatr Res 47:835-42. 2013....
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and prediction of aggression in persons with dementiaValdesha L Ball
Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 24:1285-90. 2009..This prospective cohort study evaluated the potential of increased aggression in patients with dementia who had a preexisting diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) compared with those without a diagnosis of PTSD...
- Aggression in individuals newly diagnosed with dementiaClaudia A Orengo
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 23:227-32. 2008..The surprisingly high prevalence of aggression in individuals newly diagnosed with dementia suggests the potential usefulness of early screening for aggression in this population...
- An update on substance use and treatment following traumatic brain injuryDavid P Graham
Houston Center for Quality of Care and Utilization Studies, Health Services Research, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1141:148-62. 2008..Further understanding the neuropsychiatric pathology and different effects of different types of injuries will likely improve the implementation of effective treatments for each of these two conditions...
- Influence of trauma history on panic and posttraumatic stress disorder in returning veteransTerri L Barrera
Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Psychol Serv 10:168-76. 2013..38, p = .001). These findings indicate a high prevalence of panic disorder among returning veterans and highlight the importance for clinicians to assess returning veterans routinely for panic disorder in addition to PTSD...
- Rates and predictors of referral for individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, and medications among Iraq and Afghanistan veterans with PTSDJuliette M Mott
VA HSR and D Houston Center of Excellence, Houston, TX, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 41:99-109. 2014..Group psychotherapy referrals were more common in veterans who were older, unemployed, identified as an ethnic minority, and had a comorbid anxiety disorder. There were no significant predictors of medication referral. ..
- Quality of life in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and comorbid anxiety or depressionJeffrey A Cully
Houston Center Quality of Care and Utilization Studies, Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Houston, TX, USA
Psychosomatics 47:312-9. 2006..When comorbid with COPD, mental health symptoms of depression and anxiety are some of the most salient factors associated with quality-of-life outcomes...
- Examining the influence of mild traumatic brain injury and posttraumatic stress disorder on alcohol use disorder in OEF/OIF veteransShannon R Miles
Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs VA Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030
Mil Med 180:45-52. 2015..Examine (1) impact of mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) on posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms, (2) frequency of alcohol use disorder in male and female combat Veterans, and (3) influence of PTSD and mTBI on alcohol use disorder...
- Factors associated with suicidal ideation in OEF/OIF veteransChad M Lemaire
The Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Affect Disord 130:231-8. 2011..The purpose of this project was to examine factors associated with suicidal ideation in returning Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans...
- Prevalence of dementia among Veterans Affairs medical care system usersLaura L Krishnan
Houston Center for Quality of Care and Utilization Studies, Health Services Research and Development Service, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 20:245-53. 2005..Our objectives were to assess the prevalence of the dementia diagnosis among those treated at Veterans Affairs (VA) medical centers and determine how it varies across race and Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN)...