Kaoru R Goshima
- Measure what matters: institutional outcome data are superior to the use of surrogate markers to define "center of excellence" for abdominal aortic aneurysm repairKaoru R Goshima
Department of Surgery, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, AZ 85719, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 22:328-34. 2008....
- The natural history of duplex-detected stenosis after femoropopliteal endovascular therapy suggests questionable clinical utility of routine duplex surveillanceTrung D Bui
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Vasc Surg 55:346-52. 2012..We report an analysis of routine DUS after infrainguinal EVT...
- Aortic stent-graft explantation in a kidney transplant recipientJohn D Hughes
University of Arizona Health Science Center, Southern Arizona Veteran Affairs Health Care System, Vascular Surgery Section, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 23:535.e21-6. 2009..We present a case of aortic stent-graft excision in a renal transplant recipient using a pump-oxygenator to maintain allograft perfusion...
- Comparison of the effects of open and endovascular aortic aneurysm repair on long-term renal function using chronic kidney disease staging based on glomerular filtration rateJoseph L Mills
The University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, University Medical Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:1141-9. 2008..Our primary objectives were to assess serial renal function in patients undergoing EVAR and open repair (OR) and to evaluate the relative effects of method of repair on renal function...
- Superficial femoral artery thrombosis as a cause for distal embolism in primary antiphospholipid syndromeLannery S Lauvao
University of Arizona Health Science Center and Southern Arizona Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Tucson, Ariz, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:472-7. 2008..The area of thrombus was resected and reconstructed using a cephalic vein interposition graft. This report reviews antiphospholipid syndrome and identifies potential questions and problems relating to a rare clinical presentation...
- Aortoiliac aneurysm repair in kidney transplant recipientsLuis R Leon
Department of Vascular Surgery, Southern Arizona Veteran Affairs Health Care System SAVAHCS, Tucson, Arizona 85723, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 43:30-45. 2009..Adverse outcomes were all allograft failure independent in both groups. EVAR without special allograft protection measures seems to be equally effective as open surgery with or without adjuvant kidney transplant perfusion...
- Delayed superficial femoral artery stent erosion and pseudoaneurysm following endovascular therapy for occlusive diseaseLuis R Leon
Vascular Surgery Section, Southern Arizona Veterans Affairs Health Care System, and University of Arizona Health Science Center, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 43:502-8. 2009..We postulate delayed stent erosion of a proximal atherosclerotic SFA, causing the pseudoaneurysm. This is the first report of such a case in the literature...
- The impact and outcomes of establishing an integrated interdisciplinary surgical team to care for the diabetic footDavid G Armstrong
University of Arizona, Department of Surgery, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 28:514-8. 2012..This study aimed to quantify the impact of an integrated diabetic foot surgical service on outcomes and changes in surgical volume and focus...
- Vein diameter is the major predictor of fistula maturationLannery S Lauvao
University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Vasc Surg 49:1499-504. 2009..We sought to determine patient and anatomic variables predictive of fistula maturation in patients receiving their initial permanent hemodialysis access...
- Contemporary outcomes after superficial femoral artery angioplasty and stenting: the influence of TASC classification and runoff scoreDaniel M Ihnat
Vascular Surgery, University of Arizona Health Science Center, University Medical Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:967-74. 2008....
- The limitations of magnetic resonance angiography in the diagnosis of renal artery stenosis: comparative analysis with conventional arteriographySheela T Patel
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Arizona Health Science Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Vasc Surg 41:462-8. 2005....