Ronald E Goans
- Medical management of radiological casualtiesRonald E Goans
MJW Corporation, 1422 Eagle Bend Drive, Clinton, TN 37716, USA
Health Phys 89:505-12. 2005..For those patients developing febrile radiation-induced neutropenia, adherence to the current Infectious Diseases Society of America guidelines for high-risk neutropenia is recommended...
- A note on the number of survey stations required in a mass casualty radiation eventRonald E Goans
MJW Corporation University Park, 1900 Sweet Home Road, Amherst, NY 14228 3359, USA
Health Phys 93:705-6. 2007..These conclusions are valid under very general statistical assumptions regarding the average rate of victims seeking assistance and the average rate of persons who can be processed at a single survey station per unit time...
- Clinical application of the AFRRI BAT computer programRonald E Goans
MJW Corporation, Amherst, NY 14228, USA
Health Phys 99:S192-6. 2010..The BAT software is illustrated here using five historical cases from the U.S. Radiation Accident Registry maintained by the Radiation Emergency Assistance Center/Training Site (REAC/TS) for the U.S. Department of Energy...
- Nuclear terrorism: triage and medical management of radiation and combined-injury casualtiesDaniel F Flynn
US Army Reserves Medical Corps, Office of the Command Surgeon, 94th Regional Readiness Command, 11 Saratoga Boulevard, Devens, MA 01434, USA
Surg Clin North Am 86:601-36. 2006..It reviews historical events of mass radiation-induced casualties and fatalities at Hiroshima, Chernobyl, and Goiania, and discusses various scenarios for nuclear terrorism...
- Medical treatment of radiological casualties: current conceptsKristi L Koenig
University of California at Irvine, Orange, CA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 45:643-52. 2005..Health policy considerations include stockpiling strategies, effective use of risk communications, and decisionmaking for shelter-in-place versus evacuation after a radiologic incident...