Mark R Underwood
Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- Dolutegravir interactions with HIV-1 integrase-DNA: structural rationale for drug resistance and dissociation kineticsFelix Deanda
Chemical Sciences, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e77448. 2013....
- The activity of the integrase inhibitor dolutegravir against HIV-1 variants isolated from raltegravir-treated adultsMark R Underwood
Infectious Diseases Therapy Area Unit, Medicines Discovery and Development, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 61:297-301. 2012..Dolutegravir (DTG, S/GSK1349572) is an integrase inhibitor with low nanomolar potency. Susceptibility to dolutegravir and raltegravir was determined for raltegravir-resistant clinical isolates...
- Mechanism of action of the ribopyranoside benzimidazole GW275175X against human cytomegalovirusMark R Underwood
Department of International Clinical Virology, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:1647-51. 2004..GW275175X is a promising candidate for clinical development as an anti-HCMV agent...
- Sensitivity of phenotypic susceptibility analyses for nonthymidine nucleoside analogues conferred by K65R or M184V in mixtures with wild-type HIV-1Mark R Underwood
GlaxoSmithKline, Inc, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709 3398, USA
J Infect Dis 199:84-8. 2009..These findings underscore the limitations of stand-alone phenotypic susceptibility measures and emphasize the importance of complementary and/or more sensitive techniques...
- Dolutegravir (S/GSK1349572) exhibits significantly slower dissociation than raltegravir and elvitegravir from wild-type and integrase inhibitor-resistant HIV-1 integrase-DNA complexesKendra E Hightower
Infectious Diseases MDD, 3 2104 GlaxoSmithKline, 5 Moore Dr, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:4552-9. 2011....
- The naphthyridinone GSK364735 is a novel, potent human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase inhibitor and antiretroviralEdward P Garvey
Department of Virology, RC2 3983, GlaxoSmithKline, 5 Moore Dr, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 3398, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:901-8. 2008..Thus, based on all the data, GSK364735 exerted potent antiviral activity through the inhibition of viral DNA integration by interacting at the two-metal binding site within the catalytic center of HIV integrase...
- Differential impact of thymidine analogue mutations on emtricitabine and lamivudine susceptibilityLisa L Ross
International Clinical Virology, GlaxoSmithKline, 5 Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:567-70. 2006..Although the long-term clinical significance of these differences is unclear, they may suggest differential efficacy in some patients with prior NRTI experience, especially those with HIV harboring TAMs...
- Identification of peptides that inhibit the DNA binding, trans-activator, and DNA replication functions of the human papillomavirus type 11 E2 proteinSu Jun Deng
Departments of Gene Expression and Protein Biochemistry, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Virol 78:2637-41. 2004..These peptides may prove to be useful tools for characterizing E2 function and for exploring the effectiveness of E2-inhibitor-based treatments for HPV-associated diseases...
- In vitro activities of benzimidazole D- and L-ribonucleosides against herpesvirusesStephanie L Williams
University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama 35233, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:2186-92. 2003..These results demonstrate that the benzimidazole ribonucleosides are active against human CMV and EBV and suggest that they may be useful for the treatment of infections caused by these herpesviruses...