Alison M Ray
Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- Capsazepine protects against neuronal injury caused by oxygen glucose deprivation by inhibiting I(h)Alison M Ray
Neurology Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5AW, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 23:10146-53. 2003..These results demonstrate that capsazepine affords neuroprotection through inhibition of I(h) rather than inhibition of VR1...
- The identification of potent, selective and CNS penetrant furan-based inhibitors of B-Raf kinaseAndrew K Takle
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Neurology and GI Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, New Frontiers Science Park, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AW, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:4373-6. 2008..One such compound, SB-699393 (17), was examined in vivo to challenge the hypothesis that selective B-Raf inhibitors may be of value in the treatment of stroke...
- Tricyclic azepine derivatives as selective brain penetrant 5-HT6 receptor antagonistsGiancarlo Trani
Neurosciences Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, New Frontiers Science Park, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AW, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:5698-700. 2008....
- Identification of a novel 5-HT(4) receptor splice variant (r5-HT(4c1)) and preliminary characterisation of specific 5-HT(4a) and 5-HT(4b) receptor antibodiesAlison M Ray
Neuroscience Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, New Frontiers Science Park, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AW, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 604:1-11. 2009..Only r5-HT(4b) immunoreactivity was observed on endocrine cells in the duodenum. These data could have implications in rat models and aid understanding of 5-HT(4) splice variant function...
- Complex interactions between mGluR1 and mGluR5 shape neuronal network activity in the rat hippocampusChristophe Lanneau
Neurology CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, Third Avenue, Harlow Essex CM19 5AW, UK
Neuropharmacology 43:131-40. 2002..However, mGluR5 appears to be the principal mGluR subtype that initiates bursting activity irrespective of the inhibitory synaptic tone within the neuronal network...